No longer can use parametters!

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Shadow7396, Sep 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Shadow7396

Hey im having an issue. i'm trying to use commands that involve using @a, @e, @p and etc. I've been able to use those for a good while but then all of a sudden i cant anymore. I've done some changing with my plugins between the time it was working to the time it stopped and i dont know how to fix it. These are the plugins i'm using:
    Plugins (open)

• AreaGuard
    • BookRules
    • ChairStairs
    • ChestShop
    • ColorCodes
    • EchoPet
    • Essentials
    • GriefPrevention
    • Iconomy
    • Lockette
    • MineReset
    • Minigames
    • PermissionsEX
    • RCP
    • SimpleClans
    • TreeAssist
    • UnlimitedPlayers
    • Vault
    • Worldedit
    • and Worldguard
    is it one these plugins thats causing it?

2. Offline

Boomer

It would more likely be caused by plugins failing to load correctly, or be broken - not a validly working plugin causing interference.

Restart (not /reload) your server and www.pastebin.com the entire logs/latest.log file in order to see what red and yellow flags are being raised at startup, what particular versions of plugins are there, what plugins are actually running that you didn't list, etc...

3. Offline

Shadow7396

4. Offline

Boomer

hmm... a good startup, the only error/warnings being meaningless and ignorable (chestshop)...

Nothing jumps off the page as being responsible, so you will probabably have to go the route of Disabling (not deleting, just disabling - move the plugin jar file to a different folder, or rename it to .jam or .jax) various plugins to identify when the problem clears, to identify the plugin that is responsible. Once thats identified, it might be possible to take a look at the config for it to see if that changes things, or if its the core of the plugin behavior itself.

You can disable half the plugins at once, and either that solves the problem or it doesn't -- then you at least know which batch of plugins is responsible. Then add half of them back or remove half of the remaining, whichever is needed, to narrow the candidate list down...

One thing about this approach is that it is fast, requiring only a couple attempts to identify the plugin responsible - and faster even if you do it a bit smartly - things like worldguard require worldedit to work, so keep those paired. EssentialsChat and etc requires Essentials, so keep those paired. Some things may require vault, keep it on the server at all times (Vault is not responsible for any such behavior, but if a plugin depends on vault to work right, not having it will make the plugin not work right, and you may not see the interference becasue its not actually loaded..

Good luck to identify it, and then you can post back when you are confident that with x plugin, problem, without it, no problem. Hopefully it will indeed be a config option that can be adjusted for you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.