[NACTIVE][FUN/MECH] ThunderTools v0.3 - Create entire lightning storms at will![766]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by petrifiednightmares, Apr 28, 2011.

1. ThunderTools - Create entire lightning storms at will! Build lightning blocks!
    Version: v0.3

A configurable plugin that allows you to create lightning storms at the specified location and build redstone triggered lightning blocks as traps!

Features:
    • You must be server op to use these features. Permissions support coming later.
    • Allows the user to use gold sword (283) to create a lightning strike at the targeted location. The item in use is configurable.
      • Left click with the item to create a strike at the targeted location.
    • Allows the user to use a stick (280) to create a giant lightning storm at the targeted location. The item in use is configurable. See this video for more information:
      • Left click the item to create a storm at the targeted location.
      • Right click with the item to create a storm at your location. (You will not take damage from your own strike)
    • Allows the user to build a furnace and connect redstone wires up to it. Once the user turns on a signal, the furnace block will emit a lightning strike. Make sure no blocks are directly below the furnance. The block in use (furnace) is fully configurable)
    • Can be set to detonate an explosion at the base of every lightning strike.
    Permissions Support:

• ThunderTools.strike to be able to create a thunderstrike.
    • ThunderTools.storm to be able to create a thunderstorm.

Config.yml:

• strike.enabled determines whether user controlled lightning strikes should be enabled. Defaults to true
    • strike.item chooses which item to control lightning strikes. Defaults to 283
    • storm.enabled determines whether user controlled lightning storms should be enabled. Defaults to true
    • storm.item chooses which item to control lightning storms. Defaults to 280
    • redstone.enabled determines whether redstone triggered lightning blocks are enabled. Defaults to true
    • redstone.item determines which block acts as redstone triggered lightning block. Defaults to 19
    • explosion.enabled determines whether there is an explosion at the point of lightning Defaults to false
    If you do not have permissions, it defaults to ops.

Download The ThunderTools Plugin/Source

Note for navigating github:
    You may press the "Downloads" button to download this as a zip file. If you don't want the source and only want the .jar file, just click on the Pitfall.jar. Then click view raw, and it should give you a download file. If not, right click view raw and click save link as.​

Pictures:
    pictures (open)

A redstone enabled lightning block
    [​IMG]

Pressing the button:

[​IMG]

AAHHH!!

[​IMG]

Holding a stick:

[​IMG]

STORM!

[​IMG]

FEAR THE GOD OF LIGHTNING!
    [​IMG]

Changelog:
    Version 0.3
    • Added support for explosions.
    Version 0.2b
    • Fixed a bug that would disable repeating scheduled tasks by other plugins.
    Version 0.2a

• Important fix regarding scheduler.
    Version 0.2

• Added permissions support
    Version 0.1

• Added the plugin
    Todo:

• Permissions support

Noppoly likes this.
  2. Offline

Plague

You are missing a recommended build number in the title, and please move those pictures into a spoiler tag

3. Offline

Jimmy

Doesn't work for me for some reason.. No error output in the console too.

4. Are you a server op?

5. Offline

Jimmy

Oh... That's a shame. Can't wait for Permissions support! :p

petrifiednightmares likes this.
  6. Offline

msw1

This is awesome.

petrifiednightmares likes this.
  7. Offline

captainawesome7

Does anybody know why no plugins are being moved to released?

8. THIS IS EPIC!!
    Permissions please!!

9. Offline

Alvyss

Hectic man. works great.
    cant wait for permissions tho.
    gna make PVP sumthing else haha.
    Keep up tha Gewd work :)

10. Permissions support is out! Version 0.2 :) Enjoy

11. Offline

simsor

So fun ! WHAT ? YOU WANT THE DAY ? TAKE THAT ! Muahahahaha

12. Offline

Waffletastic

I set the item to furnace for the redstone block, and it doesn't work.

13. Offline

Stephen92

omg I love this lol i scare the shit outta my players.

14. Can you give me a screenshot of how you constructed your trap?

also copy paste me the config file.

thanks

15. Offline

Waffletastic

#strike.enabled determines whether user controlled lightning strikes should be enabled. Defaults to true
    #strike.item chooses which item to control lightning strikes. Defaults to 283
    #storm.enabled determines whether user controlled lightning storms should be enabled. Defaults to true
    #storm.item chooses which item to control lightning storms. Defaults to 280
    #redstone.enabled determines whether redstone triggered lightning blocks are enabled. Defaults to true
    #redstone.item determines which block acts as redstone triggered lightning block. Defaults to 61

strike:
    enabled: true
    item: 317
    redstone:
    item: 19
    storm:
    item: 301
    plugin:
    version: 0.2a

And I did the redstone like that, to insure there was no way it couldn't be activated.

Attached Files:

16. Offline

dali99

woah, just what i need.
    mohahahaha...
    :p

17. Offline

Maxswii

I op the server, but It have not worked
    can anyone knows the reason?

18. Offline

KidDavid

Hello. I made my own server but the plugin isnt working for me.
    I extracted everything to my plugin folder and placed the jar folder out of the folder i extracted.
    Then i ran the server. stopped it and opened again.

I went in the game but i cant use lightning. I have gold sword.

Can you give me clear instructions 1 by 1 and teach me how to install it? ty

19. Offline

TheEvilWevel

Hey i thought of a really good idea: when you summon pigmen with a spawned lightning strike it protects you like the monster tamer mod. you could have it go in line with permissions to so you could set weather or not pigmen would protect you also could you make it toggleable weather or not the pigmen are invincible because as of right now the pigmen are invincible when spawned. this would make me incredibly happy with the ability to call in support during a fight.

20. the ThunderTools.jar file should be in .minecraft/plugins
    and after first run there should be a .minecraft/plugins/ThunderTools folder

Check if this is the case.

Also when you start up the server do you see something like this:
    22:03:43 [INFO] ThunderTools version 0.2a is enabled!

You have to power the block from above, so the block may be used as the ceiling in a slaughterhouse set up.

Here's what it looks like:

Attached Files:

21. Offline

Waffletastic

Oh okay! Thanks!

22. Offline

danicoolman

I have all the messege and all that but when I try to strike someone with it it don t work:(
    i don t now why

23. you need to give yourself permissions nodes:

• ThunderTools.strike - enables single lightning strikes
    • ThunderTools.storm - enables thunder storms

24. Offline

danicoolman

how i dont now:(

25. If you don't wish to use permissions, you may simply not install the permissions plugin, and then give yourself op privileges.

Do you have "permissions" plugin installed?

26. Offline

gh256

Why did some pig zombies suddenly appear??
    How can I get rid of them, cant seem to kill them, they are just standing there.
    Excellent plugin apart from the pig thing.

27. Offline

Crafty Crafter

This is an awesome plugin. Although, I found out, if there are about 3 pigs and you strike them with the lightning storm, you will have an epic problem. (They don't die either.)

when pigmen attack.jpg

28. this is a bug in minecraft client: http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/monster-spawner-pig-glitch.16055/#post-270262

29. Offline

wainfree

Hello
    I have a problem, I have the plugin in the plugin folder but did just get this error!

please help :)