My Bukkit Server Doesnt Work!! My Server Does not Show Up!!!!

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by biblelucas, Oct 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

biblelucas

I have portfowared the bukkit server and did the world with the craftbukkit.jar and did the server.bat running but my server does not show up. I currently have the full version of the minecraft and I am not using hamatchi. I am sick of this and I had reinstalled like 20 times and rechecked and rechecked for the port fowarding. It also says on the server.bat I have dont have enough ram. I don't know what to do!!!

2. Offline

ImminentFate

replace your bat file contents with this:
    PHP:
    @echo off
    java 
    -Xms1024M -Xmx2048M -jar "%~dp0craftbukkit-0.0.1-snapshot.jar"
    PAUSE

3. Offline

biblelucas

I will try that and thank you soo much for helping me.

I just Did it and the CMD just pops out and it disappers.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2016
  4. Offline

1lann

Replace "EXIT" with "pause"

5. Offline

biblelucas

ok, i got the stupid server running and now, it wont let others go. I have let the firewall let the port and did the port fowarding. I also did the onlinemode false and the ip blank. I think i covered up the most of um. As right now, my other computer that not running the server but connected to the router can go to the server by using the ipv4 adress.

6. Offline

Pasukaru

Sounds like you didn't forward the port (default: 25565) properly or the firewall is blocking connections. Disable it and try again - if it still doesn't work, it's most likely wrong port forwarding.

[Edit]
    You can try to connect to your local server using your Internet-IP, not your local-IP to see if it's working.

7. Offline

biblelucas

i can get to my server all right with the computer that is running the server and also another compter that is connected to the same router. I also got the internet ip which i went to whatismyip.com and found out, which my friends cant join. I put the Port name:minecraft Port:25565 Enabled:Check. Any ideas guys, i dont think its the port fowarding but something wrong. The firewall also has the port 25565 allowing the tcp and udp to go in and out. I have no idea what to do. I just reinstalled it right now and i am going to check if my friends can join.

i did what you told me to do and no luck and you cant use the local ip, you have to use the ipv4 adress. Also I gave my friends the Internet ip which didnt work.

hey i got the server working but cant seem to get it workig. Look the above comments pleas :D

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

8. Offline

Pasukaru

@biblelucas
    You have to forward the port to your pc where the server is running. Make sure you didn't select another machine that's using your LAN.

[Edit]
    Your local IP usually is an ipv4 address. It think you're a bit confused. :p

9. Offline

ImminentFate

@biblelucas unless you have a static IP to connect to the internet, you will have to give your friends a new IP every few days. Which means that one day when you go to whatismyip.org, it will show a different address

10. Offline

biblelucas

thanks guys i re-did it and i found out this website http://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/ that will check if my port is open or not. I tried it and my port is closed, which i followed your' guide and i have the port open to 25565. Still doesnt work. Any ideas?

I dont think i have static ip

I did what you said, but the port fowarding doesnt work :p look the comment above and see what i mean. Also i have no idea and i admit it, i am a newb-e on making minecraft servers. :D

11. Offline

ImminentFate

yeah, so you will have to give your friends the new ip every time it changes

do you want some Teamviewer help?

12. Offline

biblelucas

no and it keeps saing i have closed port
    i am going to try this on another machine

13. Offline

ImminentFate

ok, maybe try a different port? I had some trouble with 25565, but 5775 works perfectly

14. Offline

biblelucas

i wil definatly try that right now

idont get it, why is it not working?

15. Offline

ImminentFate

did you try a different port?
    make sure your friends are adding the port after the ip as well

16. Offline

biblelucas

wait, the other's have to do the port fowarding too?

17. Offline

ImminentFate

no no, they just have to add the port when they try to connect, so for example, they would type this in minecraft:
    123.432.156.23:25565

biblelucas likes this.
  18. Offline

biblelucas

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH THEY HAVE TO ADD THE PORT NUMBER AT DA END TO??? WHY DOES NO ONE TELL ME THESE STUFF?????

funny thing, i cant join my server that i made with the localhost and the ip adress. :) But in the log, the minecraft server is going perfectly.

19. Offline

ImminentFate

really? you also need to put the port on the end, eg "localhost:25565" or "192.168.0.4:25565"

20. Offline

Pasukaru

You only have to add the port if you don't use the default one (25565).
    If you omit the ":enterPortHere" part it'll use 25565.

Post your server.properties file and we can check if everything's fine with it, and maybe a screenshot of your portforwarding?

21. Offline

biblelucas

Oh Thanks. Can you come to my server if you could to just check, if you cant, can you tell me? 69.255.43.70:5775

i think i kinda got it, i now can log back on to my server. If you could, can you join me of my testing of my server? 69.255.43.70:5775

22. Offline

Pasukaru

Just tried it, doesnt work - connection times out.

23. Offline

biblelucas

checked my friend, it doesnt work

24. Offline

Pasukaru

Yeap, and as long as you don't provide us with some more details (server.properties, screenshot of your port forwarding, etc), we won't be able to help you much...

Or well.. I'll post a screenshot of my settings and my server.properties...
    I'll edit this post in a minute or post again.

25. Offline

biblelucas

#Minecraft server properties
    #Sun Oct 02 21:02:45 EDT 2011
    level-name=world
    allow-nether=true
    view-distance=10
    spawn-monsters=true
    online-mode=true
    difficulty=1
    gamemode=0
    spawn-animals=true
    max-players=5
    server-ip=
    pvp=true
    level-seed=
    server-port=5775
    allow-flight=false
    white-list=false
    motd=Dont Spam

right after a second i put the .properties, your post came out lol :D

26. Offline

Pasukaru

Yea I just noticed. :)
    The file looks alright, so I guess the port forwarding is the problem here.
    One sec, I'll make a screenshot of my settings.

27. Offline

ImminentFate

sure thing

28. Offline

Pasukaru

Okay, here's my setup:
    I had to go to Network > Nat & Port rules > Portforwarding:
    (It's in german, but i translated the important parts)
    [​IMG]

29. Offline

ImminentFate

HOw many of you have the 1.9 pre release? If you do, this won't work, cos CraftBukkit is only in 1.8.1

30. Offline

Pasukaru

@ImminentFate
    I use SpoutCraft - or the official 1.8.1 client for testing purposes. Haven't even tried 1.9 yet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.