Multiverse doesn`t import

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Brady_Gaming, Aug 31, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Brady_Gaming

Hi, I am trying to start up a server and I have Multiverse installed but when I put a map in the FTP files, restart the server and use /mv import [Name] normal, It makes it a superflat map with nothing in it. SOmetimes it just makes a default world. I don`t understand why it does this. Please help
    Thanks,
    Brayden

The map is http://www.planetminecraft.com/project/downloadcinematic-mega-hub-by-lycodon-buildteam/
    I don`t know how to describe the surroundings. It is a map on bedrock surrounded by the void

<Edited by bwfcwalshy: Merged posts, please use the edit button rather than double posting.>

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2015
  2. Offline

Boomer

Your map that you installed might have a space in the name, or other such punctuation, ie "Supercool map!"
    When you imported it, you would have tried to import a map called just "Supercool" as far as multiverse is concerned.

After you upload the map, try removing any non alpha-numeric characters from the world map foldername, replace spaces with _ for example as well. Or just outright change it to "Coolmap" etc...

If you are using a server that is commercially hosted, and is a linux-based server, spaces and non-alphanumeric characters really cause a lot of problems. Plus, linux systems are case-sensitive, World is different from world, so when you import the world, make sure that the case matches the name of the folder

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.