Map rollback method, very simple!

Discussion in 'Resources' started by skipperguy12, Feb 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

skipperguy12

Hey guys, so I noticed a lot of games not being able to rollback maps, and people struggling with it. I made a very simple method that can do this for you:
    Code:
        //Unloading maps, to rollback maps. Will delete all player builds until last server save
        public static void unloadMap(String mapname){
            if(Bukkit.getServer().unloadWorld(Bukkit.getServer().getWorld(mapname), false)){
                plugin.getLogger().info("Successfully unloaded " + mapname);
            }else{
                plugin.getLogger().severe("COULD NOT UNLOAD " + mapname);
            }
        }
        //Loading maps (MUST BE CALLED AFTER UNLOAD MAPS TO FINISH THE ROLLBACK PROCESS)
        public static void loadMap(String mapname){
            Bukkit.getServer().createWorld(new WorldCreator(mapname));
        }

//Maprollback method, because were too lazy to type 2 lines
        public static void rollback(String mapname){
            unloadMap(mapname);
            loadMap(mapname);
        }
    Things to keep in mind:
    - This will not roll back main worlds (the levelname defined in server.Properties).
    - Every player must be teleported OUT of the map before rollback.

Add this somewhere, world.setAutoSave(false);

2. Offline

RealDope

Is the false boolean in the unload method for saving changes?

3. Offline

skipperguy12

This is to roll it back to the last save (/save-all)

Soo, it basically unloads the world without saving, then you reload it.

4. Offline

MrTwiggy

Are there any ways to intercept the save-all method that's called on command or when you stop the server to cancel it? Would be annoying if you were relying on this method and accidentally did 'stop' on your server before unloading and it saved.

5. Offline

skipperguy12

In ondisable make it teleport all players to the main level, and call this method on the world you want to rollback and not auto save.

6. Offline

CarPet

Thanks! Great help

BlackVoidMike likes this.
  7. Offline

skipperguy12

CarPet
    No problem! Like the post if it helped you!

:D

BlackVoidMike likes this.
  8. Offline

Barinade

Does this just generate a new world or does it literally roll it back? For instance, if I make a castle, save it, then roll it back, will the castle be there?

9. Offline

skipperguy12

Barinade

If you save it, it will be there. This rolls back to the last save.

10. Offline

Barinade

Doesn't it save automatically every x minutes?

11. Offline

skipperguy12

Barinade

Theres a command to turn it off, not sure if right but like /save-off?

12. Offline

Barinade

Banjer_HD likes this.
  13. Offline

skipperguy12

Barinade
    Ok, that's AWESOME. I never knew that! I'll add this to OP.

14. Offline

hawkfalcon

This is amazing.

15. Offline

skipperguy12

hawkfalcon likes this.
  16. Offline

hawkfalcon

It seems to fail every 5-15th time, randomly.

17. Offline

skipperguy12

hawkfalcon
    Not for me, I use this method in a server i'm coding. PM me the section of your code that handles map rollback.

18. Offline

koochi10

it says could not unload the map can anyone help me figure out why

19. Offline

dark navi

If you look here you can see the only circumstances a world will not unload.

koochi10 likes this.
  20. Offline

Go4Nightfire

Is there a plugin out there that does this because I really dont know how to let this work without a plugin.

21. Offline

Wingzzz

This is in the Plugin Development > Resources. This is a snippet of code for plugin developers to use in their own plugins.

22. Offline

FozZeW

Thanks man, you saved my life

23. Offline

BajanAmerican

24. Offline

Wingzzz

Pastebin/Pastie/Hastebin of the code?

25. Offline

CraftBang

Wow seriously just amazing.
    BE SURE to use another world than the one in the properties file.(So I use multiverse and created a new world)
    Very nice man, thanks a lot! This will save A LOT OF LAGG!

26. Offline

theKevin

Thanks for this great code! :cool:

27. Offline

ItsLeoFTW

Does this totally clear the world? Or does it simply remove any changes? I want to have the world for my minigame rollback every time the game restarts. But I want the actual structures to stay.

28. Offline

gentlemon

For some reaon I got this error after reloading:

Code:
    [23:48:07 WARN]: net.minecraft.server.v1_7_R1.ExceptionWorldConflict: Failed to check session lock, aborting
    [23:48:07 WARN]:        at net.minecraft.server.v1_7_R1.WorldNBTStorage.checkSession(WorldNBTStorage.java:78)
    [23:48:07 WARN]:        at net.minecraft.server.v1_7_R1.World.F(World.java:2700)
    [23:48:07 WARN]:        at net.minecraft.server.v1_7_R1.ChunkRegionLoader.a(ChunkRegionLoader.java:129)
    [23:48:07 WARN]:        at net.minecraft.server.v1_7_R1.ChunkProviderServer.saveChunk(ChunkProviderServer.java:222)
    [23:48:07 WARN]:        at net.minecraft.server.v1_7_R1.ChunkProviderServer.unloadChunks(ChunkProviderServer.java:315)
    [23:48:07 WARN]:        at net.minecraft.server.v1_7_R1.WorldServer.doTick(WorldServer.java:194)
    [23:48:07 WARN]:        at net.minecraft.server.v1_7_R1.MinecraftServer.u(MinecraftServer.java:659)
    [23:48:07 WARN]:        at net.minecraft.server.v1_7_R1.DedicatedServer.u(DedicatedServer.java:273)
    [23:48:07 WARN]:        at net.minecraft.server.v1_7_R1.MinecraftServer.t(MinecraftServer.java:562)
    [23:48:07 WARN]:        at net.minecraft.server.v1_7_R1.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:469)
    [23:48:07 WARN]:        at net.minecraft.server.v1_7_R1.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:617)

Does anyone have a clue why this is happening?

29. Offline

Justinian6

I know I'm posting on a tab that has been dead for awhile now, but to awnser gentlemon's question...
    gentlemon There is an issue in your world where your NBT data is corrupt... try resetting your NBT data.

30. Offline

Wingzzz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.