Making Custom Ranks With Groupmanager AND Using It With Worldedit and Other Plugins as Such

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by UltimatePancake, Apr 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

UltimatePancake

I am having either a brainfart or a real problem. I have a minecraft server I rent from NFOservers.com (they rule btw) and both myself and friends play on it rather often. We have come to a time when we think it would be a rather good idea to prepare the server for the addition of new users who are not friends with us or friends of friends of ours, AKA promoting the server and you know, recruiting members. We never had much use for ranks beforehand due to it just being us and we often would just play creative or do survival for a few hours than log off.

I installed the essentials plugins (list at zee bottom) and of course that includes Group Manager. I thought I had a good grasp on how to use it after reading a bit about it and watching a rather long video tutorial on it. Basically all I want to be able to do is to create an extra rank (AdvBuilder) that would be able to use worldedit commands (which I have not installed yet and would restrict) and the default builder commands. In the video tutorial it showed how to make a new group, so I did and I named it AdvBuilder with inheritance to Builder and the same exact commands as the Builder rank has as I have not yet installed worldedit. I ran it through the YAML parser ( http://yaml-online-parser.appspot.com/ ) and it did not show any errors so I put it in the correct spot in the server files. I started up my server, did manpromote Ultimatepancake AdvBuilder and it said that there was no such group. Funny. I then promoted myself to all the other ranks and I was able to do so. Can someone help me out?

Plugins: Essentials Chat, Essentials Geo IP, Essentials Group Bridge, Essentials Group Manager, Essentials Protect, Essentials Spawn, Essentials XMPP

2. Offline

UltimatePancake

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.