Solved Making An Entity Unmovable

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by BungeeTheCookie, Jun 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

BungeeTheCookie

How to you make an Entity Unmovable, or set its move speed to 0. I know this is possible through @bigteddy98's player speed modifier, but I want to make an Entity not move. I want it to be able to turn its head and do all of its other motions, but just not move.

Also, how can you check if a player right clicks on the entity and do a specific thing? (PlayerInteractEvent)

2. Offline

_feedDz

set the entity to have a 9999 level of slowness

3. Offline

thepaperboy99

Your could create a custom entity and remove some panther finder goals. That's what is did and it worked just fine, Hope this helps.

4. Offline

BungeeTheCookie

I do not want the potion effect bubbles to display. Is there a way to remove them?

Can you give me an example? And how to register that entity?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2016
  5. Offline

_feedDz

hmm maybe get the entity location and run a loop every second or something :/ that should work

make the loop teleport it back to that location

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2016
  6. Offline

rfsantos1996

http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/controllable-mobs-api/ ?

7. Offline

BungeeTheCookie

_feedDz
    I don't want to teleport the chicken every time it moves, it will look so glitchy.
    rfsantos1996
    I do not want to rely on and learn an entire library for one simple feature.

8. Offline

CrazyIcicle

Actually, I believe there is a minecraft setting on /effects on a datatag to show no effect bubbles. Correct me if I'm wrong though :)

9. Offline

_feedDz

make the client think that the potion of speed that is set to -9999 is coming from a beacon that should work

10. Offline

whitehooder

Is it possible to listen for entity move events? :p

Sadly, you can't.

11. Offline

Garris0n

Yeah, because it's a great way to cause lag. It's bad enough for players, imagine if a few thousand entities all fired move events 20 times per second.

12. Offline

whitehooder

Garris0n
    Yeah, I bet it would be quite a problem to perform some tasks but would it really be that bad to simply cancel a couple of the events? It would allow for even more control to say the least. I'm sure it's removed for a reason, but you get my point ;)

13. Offline

BungeeTheCookie

whitehooder Garris0n
    That is actually a good idea since I am only listening to 5 entities. But, would it cause the entity to "glitch"?

14. Offline

Garris0n

May as well just create a custom entity instead of some sort of event system.

15. Offline

Fantah

You can use the Remote Entity lib and freeze it. Here is a easy step by step tutorial by Pogostick29dev!

16. Offline

BungeeTheCookie

Can you show me how to create a custom entity that does not move and register it?
    Fantah
    Ok, Lemme watch it and see if it fits my needs. I heard Remote Entities was unstable though.

17. Offline

Garris0n

Check Resources, there's a tutorial.

18. Offline

PreFiXAUT

When you didn't find a solution yet and you can wait a bit to release your Plugin > In MC 1.8 there's a option that Potion-Particles are not displayed. I'm preety sure that cb/bukkit will add it, since it's a neat feature.
    Othwise, how do you create the Entity? When you spawn it in, you could also add it into a HashMap along with a Location and then Teleport the Entity always to the Location (Async-Task?). I'm not sure if it would lagg, just a Idea.

19. PreFiXAUT Gah, why do some people spell lag with two g's? And it would certainly look glitchy, even if it didn't affect performance. But teleporting isn't thread safe, and the OP said he didn't want to do that.

20. Offline

PreFiXAUT

Was just a Idea :/

21. PreFiXAUT Yes, and I was just saying why your idea wasn't appropriate for this situation. :)

22. Offline

FabeGabeMC

I remember I used to watch @codename_B's 60 second plugins, he used a boolean to not show the particles.
    He had one... I forgot which...

EDIT:
    Found it.

23. Offline

fireblast709

BungeeTheCookie I don't know what the exact usage is, so no clue if it suits your goal: spawn a fake mob using packets.

24. Offline

BlueMustache

You could wait until 1.8, where invisible potion effects are possible. (Or edit packets.)
    Or, look up on Youtube, "minecraft pulling sword from the stone", you should see a diamond sword in an anvil.
    Listen to what he says about how he got the pigman not to move. (This may be 1.8, but worth a shot.)
    If you can't figure that out, I'm sure someone would be kind enough to make a summon string to entity lib.
    - Blue

25. Offline

BungeeTheCookie

BlueMustache fireblast709 FabeGabeMC Garris0n
    Thanks for your ideas, but I am not waiting until 1.8 to execute a simple task. I am just going to use bigteddy98 's entity speed modifier, and set the double to MAX_VALUE.Since the smaller the number is, the faster it goes. Thanks!

26. Offline

FabeGabeMC

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.