Magic

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by bjornmani, Oct 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

bjornmani

Plugin category: Magic

Suggested name: General

What I want: I'd like a plugin that gives players magic, based on the episodes once upon a time. When players press shift in slot 9, they will select the type, the name of it will be listed above the hotbar, and it will always go in a loop. These are the Abilities:

- Smoking: press shift to teleport 15 blocks away into the direction you are looking. A smoke like particle will appear when you disappear and reappear, based on the colour they have in the permission (hex colour code).

- Teleportation: left click to open a guy of listed players (their heads), and when you click their head, you will be teleported. if players have teleport.block the player cannot teleport, and a message will be sent saying ''that player is too powerful''

- Fireball: launch a fireball when you left-click

- Telekinesis: left click a block and then right click in a direction to throw it. also works on players.

- Heart ripping: left click a player to rip out their heart. You will be given redstone dust, and when you right click with it the person loses half a heart. If the player had heart.block the player can not rip out the heart and a message sent ''that player is too powerful''

- Healing: left click and the heart particle appears and heals you 3 hearts. heals everyone within a 3 block radius.

- potioncraft: left click to get a GUI of all potions that you can get.

Ideas for commands: No commands needed for this plugin.

Ideas for permissions:
    - magic.smoking
    - smoking.purple
    - smoking.red
    - smoking.green
    - smoking.blue
    - smoking.white
    - magic.teleport
    - teleport.block
    - magic.fireball
    - magic.telekinesis
    - magic.heartripping
    - heart.block
    - magic.healing
    - magic.potioncraft

When I'd like it by: Take your time :)

(If some of these are REALLY hard to make, just let me know, and i can take them out :))

2. Offline

Scimiguy

This is a great project for people learning to code.
    To anyone here here looking to learn -- give this plugin a go!

PeterXonwiiXx likes this.
  3. Offline

Carrasp

I'll make it, give me a few days or so but could you explain the potion craft thing, what do you mean a gui of all potion effects you can get?

4. Offline

bjornmani

@Carrasp
    Thank you so much!
    what i mean is that when you left click, it opens a GUI of all potions, for the shortest possible time. just the potions themselves, and when you click, you get them :)

@Carrasp
    Also, when players smoke, a lot of the particles need to appear where they stood, and then where they appear, if i wasn't clear :)

EDIT: it also needs a ''nothing'' setting so players don't shoot a fireball or something all the time

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2015
  5. Offline

Scimiguy

No.

If you need to talk about the plugin, talk about it here.
    Not only does this keep privacy as it should be, but it also means that in the event that you can't complete the project, someone else can take it on with all the details readily available.
    http://bukkit.org/threads/read-me-first-plugin-requests-guide.81209/

6. @Scimiguy Please report these kind of things so we can get to them sooner. Thanks!

7. Offline

JRL1004

@bjornmani I will go ahead and make this. I am going to completely override hotbar slot 9 for the sake of convenience so I am sorry if players lose items that they move into that slot.

EDIT:
    An hour after starting, I have finished:
    - Smoking (minus color support)
    - Healing (Not particle library so I went with flames instead)
    - Nothing (By far the hardest)
    - Fireball (Complete with full spamability)

Last edited: Oct 27, 2015
  8. Offline

JRL1004

Got out of the standard building part. The only part not added was the option for colored smoke. Here is the first thing I did in testing (if you want to see that there was actual progress):
    [​IMG]

Plugin is effectively done. You can see the source code for it on GitHub
    > https://github.com/JRL1004/-PluginRequest-Magic-

To download the jar, go to the GitHub link, open the Builds folder, select the jar, and then click View Raw. (I would have used Dropbox but I managed to fill mine up)

If something is not to your liking or you want a few features tweaked, please go ahead and tahg me with any adjustments :D

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.