Item database

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by Nic2555, May 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Nic2555

Hello, i'm trying to develop a program and i'll need an Item database. Do you know any information connection i could get or i'll need to create my own database ( which will be pain in the *ss).
    Thanks and have a good day !

-Nic.

2. Offline

mythbusterma

@Nic2555

I'm not sure what an "Item Database" means. I know what an Item is, and I know what a Database is, but together they are ambiguous and don't make much sense.

3. Offline

Zombie_Striker

@Nic2555

Do you mean an Array/Map of ItemStacks? Are the Items you want to store already existing in the base game, or do they have different data (Displayname, Lore, Enchants, ect)?

4. Offline

Nic2555

I mean like a database where there's the ID, the name and maybe an Image so i can connect to the database and get the information for my application. using Query and all.

5. Offline

Zombie_Striker

@Nic2555 I can understand IDs (though they are no longer supported), I think I understand the name (The display name or name of the material?), but I do not understand the Image. What Image could you possibly store? Would you store the Image of the Material, What the ItemStack would look like (I wouldn't understand why you would do this)?

[Edit] Looked at query. To answer your first question: No, you cannot have something else just input all the data into the PHP. This would all have to be done by hand.

Not only that, but why would you even create a database like that?

6. Offline

Nic2555

there's plenty of item database , here's an exemple, http://minecraft-ids.grahamedgecombe.com/. I finaly made my own database, using the file of this awesome guys, creator of the previous said website. I'm not using PHP anyways, it's an application, i'm using Java. It work perfeclty anyways !
    Thanks and have a good day !

- Nic

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.