Inactive [INFO] FirstJoin v1.3 - Shows if a Player joined for the first time *CUSTOM QUIT&JOINMESSAGES*[1000]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Pencil, Jun 19, 2011.

1. Offline

Pencil

First Join
    Version: v1.3​
    Shows when a Player joins the server for the first time (and more with 1.1+2!):​
    The plugin is very simple. I created it for my server CreepCraft.net, because as a non-Whitelist server we have alot of new people every day.​
    Because I can't be on all the time, I needed a way to show if someone joined for the first time or not.​
    What it does:
    Show Spoiler

joined.jpg
    It replaces the default join message with what you see up there. The awesome part about this plugin is
    that it requires no configuration Not anymore! Now you can configure the color AND the text for both first joined messages and regular messages! and works with any server (it looks inside the world folder to see if people have joined before) even if it has been running for a while.
    Also, it uses no flatfile or ANY kind of storage, as that is not needed.

How to install it:
    Show Spoiler

IF THE WORLD IN SERVER.PROPERTIES IS NOT "WORLD", THEN YOU NEED TO REPLACE world UNDER WORLDNAME WITH THE NAME OF YOUR WORLD OR IT WILL NOT WORK!

Worldname - The name of your worldfolder, the same as inside the server.properties!

Firstjoin Message - Changes the message that is displayed when someone joins for the first time. Please notice that currently the Player name is always displayed on the left, currently you can not change that part yet, but probably later!

Join Message - Replace the default message when someone enters the server.

Leave Message - Replace the default quitmessage!

Join & FirstJoin & Quit Color - the color of the messages, look at this picture as a reference:
    [​IMG]

PLEASE NOTE, IT'S NOT A &, IT'S A ยง!

fj.jpg

Features:
    • Changes default join message on first join.
    • People that already play on the server won't be told that they joined for the first time
    • Configurable Joinmessages (Text & Color!)
    • 1.2 Adds Configurable Quitmessages! (Text & Color)
    • No flatfile/Mysql storage
    Download

FirstJoin v1.3

Old Versions (open)

FirstJoin v1.2 - removed contains a bug

FirstJoin v1.1

FirstJoin v1.0

Changelog:
    Version 1.3
    • Fixed kicking player displaying default message and quitmessage
    Version 1.2
    • Added customizable Quitmessages
    Version 1.1
    • Added customizable text & color
    • Now needs correct worldname to work
    • Fixed bug that people who logged in inside the nether/other worlds? would show up as first joiner's
    Version 1.0
    • Public release
    Version 0.1
    • Testing on our server

Sergey95 and Gonfa like this.
  2. Offline

JanTTuX

my friends gets always ASD123 JOINED THE SERVER FIRST TIME!

3. Offline

Pencil

Where is your world folder located? whats your world name in the server.properties?

4. Offline

JanTTuX

oh ye i forgot xD

5. Offline

Lukeroge

I found a bug =/
    When anyone logs in I get nullNAMEnull
    (Replace NAME with the players name, like 'nulllukerogebull')
    I am using the latest cb rb and most of my plugin are updated. No errors of any kind in log

6. Offline

Pencil

You probably changed the config, please check it and post it here, or there might have been errors creating it.

7. Offline

Lukeroge

I didn't edit it, and it did generate properly. No errors came up.
    Seems to have fixed itself after a few restarts. Anyway, nice plugin =)

8. Offline

Pencil

What was your error? does it work now?

Lol, ok! The error you had means that it doesn't find the color string and the message string, so it probably wasn't creating the config files yet. It's safest to do a restart to install my plugin, a reload will probably lead to this if it's the first time.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2016
  9. Offline

JanTTuX

should u change titles bukkit version to 860-935 because i see no problems in 935

10. Offline

Pencil

ok thanks you :)

11. Offline

soloman981

maybe add left the game custom message ?

12. Offline

Pencil

13. Offline

JanTTuX

eh when people gets kicked i get normal leave message and custom? u should work that

14. Offline

Pencil

Oh! It's probably also getting called onPlayer_KICK, let me fix that :D

Uploaded 1.3 I think I fixed the bug I can't test right now but I'm pretty sure. Please try it and tell me if it still contains that bug!

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2016
  15. Offline

OniDono

If at all possible how about a custom join message for different groups. If you can do this, i believe it would make this Plugin that much better.

16. Offline

Pencil

I'll give it a try :p Easy to do would be like 10 configurable permission nodes for each group, giving u the ability to create as many messages for groups as u want will be hard :/

17. Offline

soloman981

Keep up good work really cool plugin

18. Offline

Pencil

Thanks! :)

19. Offline

Gonfa

Thanks for the plugin. It worked fine, no errors. If this site had youtube's rate-system there would be 10+ thumbs up :D

20. Offline

Pencil

Hehe thank you ! :) I'm glad you like it

21. Offline

JanTTuX

could u make plugin for me like custom ban, kick and whitelist messages?
    or u include them in this? xD

22. Offline

Pencil

Hmm to change those messages I would have to change the plugin you use for banning, kicking or whitelisting :p If I wanted to change it without those plugins I would have to add the functionality of banning kicking and whitelist into this plugin which is kinda out of the scope of this plugin :D

Btw, with banned message you mean, when someone banned logs into your server, and then the message they see, you want to customize that right? Might be able to add that :p

For kickmessages look at Commanbook it allows you to set a custom kick message i think, and Whitelist (the plugin) allows you to set a whitelist message :)

23. Offline

strigh1981

Very nice plugin :) work perfectly for me thanks you.

24. Offline

Pencil

Glad to hear that! :)

25. Offline

Luwiego

I will download this plugin if you add option of first time joining detecting by ip ! I run an offline server so it would be nice to know if the player is first time in the server, or hes just some guy that got banned and changed his username.

26. Offline

Pencil

If the player has a dynamic ip he logs in a day later and his ip is different :/

27. Offline

Luwiego

Well in my country dynamic ip is a rare thing.

28. Offline

Pencil

Really? o_o Where do you live?

Also, what you request would mean I would have to store stuff which I don't wanna do as this is supposed to be very lightweight :/ Sorry

29. Offline

Strahan

Is there any way to make it fire off an email when a new player joins? I'd like my Blackberry to go off when a new player gets on so I can log in, go invis and watch them to see if they're a griefer or not :)

30. Offline

Pencil

Uhum... Possibly :p I'll have to look into sending those emails. Don't expect it "very" soon tho :p

31. Offline

cidiantoby

As your plug is coded now. Is it possible to create multiple login messages and have them randomized? Just so its not the same 'logged in again' notice. I'd like to add some humor to this idea.
    say config is like:

"Join Message: '%player% forgot the close button wasn't the maximize.;%player% plans on not stepping away from the computer for hours.; etc...."