Inactive [INFO] FirstJoin v1.3 - Shows if a Player joined for the first time *CUSTOM QUIT&JOINMESSAGES*[1000]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Pencil, Jun 19, 2011.

1. Offline

Pencil

First Join
    Version: v1.3​
    Shows when a Player joins the server for the first time (and more with 1.1+2!):​
    The plugin is very simple. I created it for my server CreepCraft.net, because as a non-Whitelist server we have alot of new people every day.​
    Because I can't be on all the time, I needed a way to show if someone joined for the first time or not.​
    What it does:
    Show Spoiler

joined.jpg
    It replaces the default join message with what you see up there. The awesome part about this plugin is
    that it requires no configuration Not anymore! Now you can configure the color AND the text for both first joined messages and regular messages! and works with any server (it looks inside the world folder to see if people have joined before) even if it has been running for a while.
    Also, it uses no flatfile or ANY kind of storage, as that is not needed.

How to install it:
    Show Spoiler

IF THE WORLD IN SERVER.PROPERTIES IS NOT "WORLD", THEN YOU NEED TO REPLACE world UNDER WORLDNAME WITH THE NAME OF YOUR WORLD OR IT WILL NOT WORK!

Worldname - The name of your worldfolder, the same as inside the server.properties!

Firstjoin Message - Changes the message that is displayed when someone joins for the first time. Please notice that currently the Player name is always displayed on the left, currently you can not change that part yet, but probably later!

Join Message - Replace the default message when someone enters the server.

Leave Message - Replace the default quitmessage!

Join & FirstJoin & Quit Color - the color of the messages, look at this picture as a reference:
    [​IMG]

PLEASE NOTE, IT'S NOT A &, IT'S A ยง!

fj.jpg

Features:
    • Changes default join message on first join.
    • People that already play on the server won't be told that they joined for the first time
    • Configurable Joinmessages (Text & Color!)
    • 1.2 Adds Configurable Quitmessages! (Text & Color)
    • No flatfile/Mysql storage
    Download

FirstJoin v1.3

Old Versions (open)

FirstJoin v1.2 - removed contains a bug

FirstJoin v1.1

FirstJoin v1.0

Changelog:
    Version 1.3
    • Fixed kicking player displaying default message and quitmessage
    Version 1.2
    • Added customizable Quitmessages
    Version 1.1
    • Added customizable text & color
    • Now needs correct worldname to work
    • Fixed bug that people who logged in inside the nether/other worlds? would show up as first joiner's
    Version 1.0
    • Public release
    Version 0.1
    • Testing on our server

Sergey95 and Gonfa like this.
  2. Offline

DrAgonmoray

I know it says that there is no config, but it might be nice to be able to change the message it displays. Ex:
    Code:
    And custom colors would be cool

3. Offline

Pencil

I could add that. Just for the people that joined for the first time or for both?

4. Offline

DrAgonmoray

Just for people that joined the first time, I would think.

5. Offline

Pencil

That's easy enough, I'll do it later when I have time.

6. Offline

rockxz2135

This is not working :S

7. Offline

Pencil

Wow thats helpful :/ What bukkit build are u using? Are you sure the person who joined has NEVER joined before? ._.

8. Offline

DrAgonmoray

I'll test it on my local server.
    works fine, no errors. rockxz probably tested it on a world that wasn't fresh

9. Offline

Pencil

that doesn't matter :p My server isn't fresh and it works there :p

It checks the player folder inside the world folder, compares the names and then triggers the message. If the name already exists nothing happens, the regular message appears.

10. Offline

DrAgonmoray

Well when I said "world that wasn't fresh" I was (at least trying to) imply that his Player.dat file was already there, so it didn't recognize it as a new player.

11. Offline

Pencil

Ah, yes that makes sense :p Well thanks for testing it! :)

12. Offline

sillyrosster

Awesome, I will be using this =D

13. Offline

rockxz2135

We generate a LOT of traffic and when a new guy joins permissions shows up and says writing playername to file but it uses the regular join message :(

EDIT: Build 860

14. Offline

Pencil

Hmm, you are providing excellent feedback! Wait, I still don't know what version of craftbukkit you are running! Huh~! Wonder how that happened :/ Are you sure it is enabled?

15. Offline

rockxz2135

lol sorry! yes it is enabled and shows up when it type/plugins
    do you need the server log?

16. Offline

Pencil

Unless it's throwing errors I don't. But, what craftbukkit version? :confused:

Ah, just saw ur edit up there. Thats really weird! There isn't much code involved so I doubt it's an error in the code, I could imagine it's something about the permissions or other conflicting plugins :/ What version of permissions are u using and what other plugins are there?

17. Offline

PatrickFreed

Is this compatible with nchat? (basically ichat)

18. Offline

Pencil

I don't see why it wouldn't :/ It doesn't change anything chat related :p

19. Offline

PatrickFreed

It changes the default "x has joined the game" to whatever you want.
    For example, I have mine set to "x has entered the universe." If I added your plugin, would it be "x has entered the universe for the first time."?

20. Offline

Pencil

Hah, you said it's like iChat, but afaik ichat doesn't add that functionality. I'm already working on 1.1 that will allow you to change the message. Right now, assuming nchat actually modifies the message, it would simply display "x has joined for the first time" for anyone that joins the first time, and show ur regular message for normal people. But, there is also a chance that nchat doesn't do it that way and therefore overwrite my plugin. At worst it will display twice at the first join.

@Thread

Plugin updated to 1.1! It now supports custom messages and color! Also fixed a bug that people who logged in and out of the nether showed up as firstjoiner's.

Both implemented.

You can now change the message, would you mind giving it a try and telling me if it overwrites nchats custom message? :3

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2016
  21. Does this override the essentials first login messgae?

22. Offline

Pencil

Essentials has something like that? Idk, I dislike essentials as it gives you tons of crap you dont need while causing tons of errors :p so I wouldn't know, but you can test it and tell me :p

23. Offline

PatrickFreed

will do ;)

24. Offline

Pencil

Awesome :)

25. Offline

kyle921

This doesn't work on my server, as it always says it is the first time you've joined. I've checked with multiple players with and without .dat files in players.dat. Is there any way this could be caused by the fact that our worlds are stored using symlinks?

26. Offline

Pencil

A whut? And yeah I also guess if your world folder isn't in your server's root folder then it will not work, but i can make that configurable in the future.

27. Offline

JanTTuX

can u make customiable leave message?

28. Offline

Pencil

Sure can do, give me a few.

1.2 Is out, adding quitmessages! Give it a try and tell me if there are any bugs.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2016
  29. Offline

JanTTuX

:O ur best plugin creator ever, nobody listen me..

30. Offline

Pencil

Hehe thanks :)