[INACTIVE][TP] AncientGates v1.0.2 - Easily create portals with custom design [733]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Olof Larsson, Apr 6, 2011.

1. Offline

Olof Larsson

Take a look at this plugin instead: Creative Gates [cake]
    AncientGates - Easily create portals with custom design
    Version: 1.0.2

With this plugin the server operators (OPs) can create gates that will teleport anyone who enter to a location specific to that gate. The hightlights are: It is so darn easy to use! [​IMG] and The gates can look any way you like \0/

Try the ingame command: /gate

Download: AncientGates
    Userguide: mcteam.org

Thought first you should take a look at the demonstration I and karibu6 created:

Commands
    • /gate help,h,? *[page] Display a help page
    • /gate create,new [id] Create a gate
    • /gate delete,del,remove [id] Delete a gate
    • /gate setfrom [id] Set “from” to your location.
    • /gate setto [id] Set “to” to your location.
    • /gate open [id] Open that gate
    • /gate close [id] Close that gate
    • /gate list,ls Display a list of the gates
    FAQ
    Why the name AncientGates?
    Because the purpose of this plugin that I envision is that players should not be able to create gates to other worlds themselves. The server operators build gates with cool ruins around them and in order to get to another world the players need to find one of those ruins.

Who can create a gate?
    Only server operators! Not normal players. There is no suport for any permissions plugin.

Who can destroy a gate?
    Anyone if you do not use a third-party protection plugin like Factions.

Are there IConnomy integration, Features for user to dial other gates etc?
    Nope. This plugin is very minimalistic and plain. Server operators manage the portals players use them any time they are open.

Installing
    1. Download the latest release: https://github.com/oloflarsson/minecraft-ancient-gates/downloads
    2. Put AncientGates.jar in the plugins folder.
    ToDo
    • Add a create world command.
    Changelog
    Version 1.0.2
    • Fix seldomly occuring error on teleportation.
    Version 1.0.1
    • Fixed compatibility with half blocks.

2. Offline

Olof Larsson

Ancient gates do use the create world method in bukkit.
    But not in order to create a world. I use it to ensure that world is loaded.
    I guess I should create a command that allows you to create other worlds.
    Adding it to the todo list.

3. Offline

Spanky12c

But the problem is on startup the plugin when it uses the getworld function thinks the world has not been created, but it alrady exist. This means that either the way you are checking if a world exist isn't correct any longer or the plugin is checking before the server has loaded the world.

And before I forget this plugin works very well just the server restart issue.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2016
  4. Offline

beatcomet

can't create a gate, it says that I dont have a permission to create a gate and I am the admin

5. Offline

Scandragon

AncientGates is loaded before MultiVerse, as plugins are loaded in alphabetical order (to my knowledge)
    One way to fix this, which works with some but not all plugins, is to rename the jar to make sure it loads after multiverse
    The best way to fix it is for the plugin to wait for other plugins before loading its data
    If this is fixed, I'll be downloading this.. Much better than the stargates plugin (which is broken)

6. Offline

Olof Larsson

You are talking about some bug here? Please explain the problem more in detail. I dont know what you are talking about :-P

7. Offline

MaggieThaDud

I have a question: Would it be possible to make these gates toggleable with redstone? I'd worship you if you added that.

8. Offline

magoo1125

That was exactly what I was thinking!

9. Offline

MaggieThaDud

Are you using Permissions? If so you have to Op yourself through the console to be able to create gates.

10. Offline

Lomz

Out of curiosity, what's the largest gate you can have? Just for the fun of it I tried to make a ridiculously large gate and it wouldn't let me. :p

11. Offline

kahlilnc

Can you please add a sign to the side of it to pick what gate you want to go too like in stargate.

12. Offline

Tapdragairsoft

DL link down?

13. Offline

Drakkon

does this mod by itself allow me to go to separate worlds or would i require a mod like multiverse to make multi world portals?

14. Offline

drakcore

Thanks, just renamed the plugin myself to xxxAncientgates which did the trick. ^^.

----older post-----

Great mod I love it but there is a problem when using it with the Mutliverse plugin.
    If you create a portal to a Nether/hell world for some odd reason when the server is restarted this plugin causes that world to be set as normal(even though it starts up as a nether world) so the lighting becomes screwed up due to day mechanics and if any new areas are generated they are normal world blocks not the hell/nether.

No errors what so ever are under the log.
    Posted below.
    --------------
    00:07:53 [INFO] Starting minecraft server version Beta 1.4
    00:07:53 [INFO] Loading properties
    00:07:53 [INFO] Starting Minecraft server on *:2350
    00:07:53 [WARNING] **** SERVER IS RUNNING IN OFFLINE/INSECURE MODE!
    00:07:53 [WARNING] The server will make no attempt to authenticate usernames. Be
    ware.
    00:07:53 [WARNING] While this makes the game possible to play without internet a
    ccess, it also opens up the ability for hackers to connect with any username the
    y choose.
    00:07:53 [WARNING] To change this, set "online-mode" to "true" in the server.set
    tings file.
    00:07:53 [INFO] This server is running Craftbukkit version git-Bukkit-0.0.0-653-
    g9992fff-b677jnks (MC: 1.4)
    00:07:53 [INFO] Preparing level "CTWUG2"
    00:07:53 [INFO] Preparing start region
    00:07:54 [INFO] 144 recipes
    00:07:54 [INFO] LWC Loading shared objects
    00:07:54 [INFO] LWC Native library: plugins/LWC/lib/native/Windows/amd64/sql
    itejdbc.dll
    00:07:54 [INFO] [Permissions] (Phoenix) was Initialized.
    00:07:54 [INFO] [WormholeXTreme][v0.833][By Lologarithm & alron]Load Beginning.
    00:07:55 [INFO] [WormholeXTreme]0 Wormholes loaded from WormholeDB.
    00:07:55 [INFO] [WormholeXTreme][v0.833]Load Completed.
    00:07:55 [INFO] [AncientGates v1.0.2] Loading conf from disk
    00:07:55 [INFO] [AncientGates v1.0.2] Loading gates from disk
    00:07:55 [INFO] [AncientGates v1.0.2] Enabled
    00:07:55 [INFO] AutoRepair version 1.92 is enabled
    00:07:55 [INFO] [Permissions] version [2.7] (Phoenix) loaded
    00:07:55 [INFO] BlockCantKeepUpSpam version 0.1 is enabled!
    00:07:55 [INFO] BorderGuard version 3.0 is enabled!
    00:07:55 [INFO] ClayFlow: Enabled. (Version: 1.0.0.0r0)
    00:07:55 [INFO] creaturebox version 0.7.2 is enabled!
    00:07:55 [INFO] [GlowstoneDrop Version 0.2 Enabled]
    00:07:55 [INFO] [HeroicDeath] 1.7.3.148 enabled.
    00:07:55 [INFO] IceDrop version 1.7 is enabled with permissions!
    00:07:55 [INFO] [INFORMANT]version 1.6 is enabled
    00:07:55 [INFO] [INFORMANT]Loading Settings
    00:07:55 [INFO] drakcore
    00:07:55 [INFO] //List of admins
    00:07:55 [INFO] this enables them to use the !infreload command. MUST have a tr
    ailing comma.
    00:07:55 [INFO] [INFORMANT]Loading Previous Players
    00:07:55 [INFO] InstaBreak version 1.4 is enabled!
    00:07:55 [INFO] LWC Loaded 116 locale strings (0 overrides)
    00:07:56 [INFO] LWC Using Nijikokun's permissions plugin for permissions
    00:07:56 [INFO] LWC Loading SQLite
    00:07:56 [INFO] SQLite Using: Native
    00:07:56 [INFO] LWC At version: v2.30
    00:07:56 [INFO] [Minecart Mania] Debug mode switched to NORMAL
    00:07:56 [INFO] [Minecart Mania] MinecartManiaCore version 1.09c is enabled!
    00:07:56 [INFO] [MultiVerse] Permissions Found
    00:07:56 [INFO] [MultiVerse] - Version 1.6.2 Enabled
    00:07:56 [INFO] [MultiVerse] Loading World & Settings - 'CTWUG2' - NORMAL
    00:07:56 [INFO] [MultiVerse] Loading World & Settings - 'pvp' - NORMAL
    00:07:56 [INFO] [MultiVerse] Loading World & Settings - 'nether' - NETHER
    00:07:57 [INFO] [MultiVerse] 3 - World(s) loaded.
    00:07:57 [INFO] [MultiVerse] Loading Portals
    00:07:57 [INFO] [MultiVerse] 0 - Portal(s) loaded.
    00:07:57 [SEVERE] Nag author: 'Rigby' of 'MultiVerse' about the following: onPlu
    ginEnable has been replaced with a new signature, (PluginEnableEvent)
    00:07:57 [INFO] [MYHOME]: 56 homes loaded
    00:07:57 [INFO] [MYHOME] Permissions enabled using: Permissions v2.7
    00:07:57 [WARNING] [MYHOME] 'Help' isn't detected. No /help support.
    00:07:57 [INFO] [MYHOME] MyHome 1.9.3 enabled
    00:07:57 [INFO] [oreRespawn] CTWUG2 enabled!
    00:07:57 [INFO] [oreRespawn] pvp enabled!
    00:07:57 [INFO] [oreRespawn] nether enabled!
    00:07:57 [INFO] Database class loaded
    00:07:57 [INFO] oreRespawn version 0.3 is enabled!
    00:07:57 [INFO] [QuickStrasse] version 0.74 by SunShe is enabled!
    00:07:57 [INFO] [Runecraft] Rune blacklist with 0 runes loaded.
    00:07:57 [INFO] [Runecraft] Loaded 7 waypoints, 17 teleporters, 7 position runes
    , 7 player data sets.
    00:07:57 [INFO] [Runecraft] Loaded 13 block runes.
    00:07:57 [INFO] [Runecraft] World 'CTWUG2': id 0
    00:07:57 [INFO] [Runecraft] Runecraft 2.5.2 initialized.
    00:07:57 [INFO] Runecraft plugin version 0.2 is enabled!
    00:07:57 [INFO] SheepFeed version 1.2 by ArmEagle is enabled!
    00:07:57 [INFO] UnderwaterTorch Enabled
    00:07:57 [INFO] [WormholeXTreme][v0.833]Enable Beginning.
    00:07:57 [WARNING] [WormholeXTreme]Not a supported version of Permissions. Recom
    mended is 2.6.x
    00:07:57 [INFO] [WormholeXTreme]Attached to Permissions version 2.7
    00:07:57 [INFO] [WormholeXTreme]Simple Permissions Enabled
    00:07:57 [INFO] [WormholeXTreme]iConomy Plugin not yet available - there will be
    no iConomy integration until loaded.
    00:07:57 [INFO] [WormholeXTreme]Help Plugin not yet available - there will be no
    Help integration until loaded.
    00:07:57 [INFO] [WormholeXTreme][v0.833]Enable Completed.
    00:07:57 [INFO] [xAuth] Loading player accounts..
    00:07:57 [INFO] [xAuth] Done! Loaded 71 Accounts!
    00:07:57 [INFO] [xAuth] v1.2 Enabled!
    00:07:57 [INFO] Done (0.346s)! For help, type "help" or "?"
    00:08:23 [INFO] drakcore [/172.18.56.122:54430] logged in with entity id 298
    00:08:23 [SEVERE] Nag author: '<NoAuthorGiven>' of 'MyHome' about the following:
    onPlayerJoin has been replaced with a new signature, (PlayerJoinEvent)
    00:08:28 [INFO] [xAuth] Player 'drakcore' has authenticated
    00:08:29 [INFO] Loaded world: nether
    00:10:43 [INFO] drakcore lost connection: disconnect.quitting
    00:10:43 [INFO] Connection reset
    00:10:43 [SEVERE] Nag author: 'Markus Davey' of 'Informant' about the following:
    onPlayerQuit has been replaced with a new signature, (PlayerQuitEvent)
    >

15. Offline

Deminetix

Hey guys, this plugin works excellent on normal world -> normal world portals, but i have a problem with portals between normal --> nether. When i enter the portal from the normal world i go to the nether and the chunk that the portal is set to go to never loads, but all the other chunks do. Does anyone know why this happens? It happens the same when i portal from the nether to normal as well.

I am using the latest recommended build 677

16. Offline

AntonyDream

All works fine with Normal to Nether and Nether to Normal gates.. until server restart
    At startup plugin thinks Nether world doesn't exist and trying to create it, but creates normal world instead, in Nether world folder :confused:
    b677

17. Offline

Spanky12c

Any idea on when a fix for the server restart bug will happen?

18. Offline

Exone

Awesome Olof! :D
    Clean and simple, I'll use this once theexmines is 1.5 compatible.

19. Offline

drakcore

Ask the creator :p but do what several of us have done, just rename the jar by adding a few xxx to the beginning of it to make it load last so it won't mess with your multiverse worlds.

20. Offline

MatCat

I found an bug, though it's a fun one rofl!

Basically I was setting up a portal in dedication to Portals 2, so I set one up to drop people from 128 into a fountain at 64, it was instantly popular and fun rofl! Then someone said something about infinite loops, thinking how for one I didn't really think it was possible considering the way the plugin actually sets gates up. So I figured I would put a gate under the fountain. One that when you fall from the first, you are right infront of the second, and can just walk into it, going infront as close as possible to the first. Now my setup was something glass glass glass, air air air, air air air, lightstone ---, for the region to be the portal, then infront of that was air, and blocks of water 2 deep above (signs keeping the air clear).

Now to my surprise when I opened the gate under the fountain, instead of filling the glass/lightstone gate I expected, it spanned across the entire void, and counted the water as a level roof. This effectively created a horizontal gate, which also looked quite odd rofl! But the result is you barely nub through the first, drop straight down and warp through the second, and land really close to the first portal again. With a well timed quick jab to the W button on my KB I could keep a loop going.

I would love to see this feature maintained or add horizontal gate feature :).

PS I took lots of pics of the process but Bukkit forums is complaining about their size and I dont have time to set them up elsewhere :p Always welcome to come on my server and try it yourself hehe.

21. Offline

Spanky12c

Thanks already did that days ago, but I was asking the plugin developer :D

22. Offline

Kahl

Love this. Been using for a couple days now with no problems. Server players love it too :)

23. Offline

MatCat

Best portal plug yet :)

24. Offline

Olof Larsson

Well as I do not know what this bug is I cannot fix it.
    Myself I have no issues :p Decribe the problem please.

25. Offline

Tesla24

ancientsgates
    perfectly working with craftbukkit version 707

26. Offline

Telgar

Hey quick question. In your code, why do you change the blocks inside of the gate to glowstone, then immediately to portal blocks? I assume there is a reason.
    Also, I am may not be understanding how BlockFaces work, but when does your flood method define to which block your Set<BlockFace> of faces refers? It keeps changing as it recurses.

nvm. the set of faces is simply an efficient way to iterate through the faces around the startblock.

27. Offline

Spanky12c

I've run into a problem, that the plugin re-creates the second world when the server restarts. I used the MultiVerse plugin to create a Nether world, than I created two gates , one in each world just like the video. Everything works well until a server restart. When the server restarts the AncientGates plugin thinks the second world does't exist anymore and runs the createworld command, which in your code defaults to creating a normal world, which is also a problem since it is creating the wrong world type.

Basiclly the plugin is loading before all the worlds have been loaded from the configuration. All though renaming the plugin can change the order in which plugins are loaded, it does not work in all cases. The easy fix is to remove the call to creatworld, and just capture the exception when trying to perform an operation on a non-exist world and do nothing; Or the plugin can wait until the server is fully loaded and running before checking if a world exist.

28. Offline

laerbn

Ok this plugin is awesome and with multiverse makes it pretty darn cool. :D

29. Offline

kahlilnc

This works with CB 709 1.5 thank you.

30. Offline

Zenithas

Interesting glitch I'm getting. Using WormholeXtremeWorlds to create new worlds for the server, I've made a new world to travel to, locked with night time, no passive mobs spawning, mineral rich.

Back in the normal world, I then make a gate using AncientGates, /gate setfrom the intended portal, which is a circle reminiscent of a stargate. 3 to a side, with a 1 block separation at the 'oblique' angles.

Then when /gate open is used, it creates a 2x5 portal sideways to the portal being opened o_o.

There's no error report given, just bam, suddenly a portal that defies logic.

31. Offline

tommy99

i have a proble i have build the gate that you build in the video in yourpost at the position where is only oneblock air there a the portal in a false direction...in my picture it isnt "your" gate but it shows the same problem

Picture:
    [​IMG]