[INACTIVE][SEC/GEN] iplock - One ip per user [#670]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by mixxit, Mar 6, 2011.

1. Offline

mixxit

iplock - limit 1 ip address per player

Version: See Git
    This plugin locks your users to 1 ip and one player name. Many thanks to whitelist plugin file reading/writing which i based this around!

If a player tries to login from a different IP address than they (automatically) registered on their first connect, then they will be kicked with the message 'Your IP is not associated with this account'

If a player tries to login from a different character than the one associated with their IP address then they will be kicked with the message 'Your IP is not associated with this account'.

Features:
    • Prevents players from hogging resources two/multi-boxing
    • Prevents players from account sharing
    • Forces players to use a static ip instead of dhcp to access their characters
    • Provides an additional layer of security to prevent users breaking into admin accounts
    Downloads:

(Normal version)
    https://github.com/mixxit/iplock/raw/master/iplock.jar

Source - https://github.com/mixxit/iplock

Installation:
    Simply drop the iplock.jar into your plugins folder. There are no configuration settings required nor commands. As soon as your server next boots it will begin noting player account names to ip addresses.

Player data is stored in plugins/iplock should you wish to edit it be sure to reload the plugin

Commands:
    iplock refresh - refreshes iplock.users file

Files:
    plugins/iplock/iplock.users contains a list of all the ip addresses and the associated IGNs. Note, editting this file will not be detected by the server and would require a reboot. Perhaps a future feature to edit these entries from in game and detect changes will be added at some point.

Config file
    plugins/iplock.properties
    max-char = 0 - allows unlimited character names
    spe-char = false - allows special characters and spaces
    subnet = false - disallows players from connecting from anywhere except their IP (true allows them to login from anywhere in their class C subnet)

Potential future features (no promises):
    Edit IP accounts from 'slash' commands
    Allow exceptions for particular accounts (not recommended)

Changelog:
    https://github.com/mixxit/iplock/commits/master

dark_hunter likes this.
  2. Offline

jascotty2

my version has the ability to define in the config which users have the check, but i could add that feature, too, if you need it

3. Offline

pandy8

hi there! is it possible to update this plugin plz, cause i really need it for my server! or i need a plugin that lock one ip for one player, that means no multiple accounts. I needs a version for the 1.1
    some ban people come with an other name i need to block this sheet!
    thank you

4. I am currently working on a plugin that i might call IpLock. What it does:

it checks if the players name is in a players.yml
    if it is in the yml, it checks if the players ip "connected" to the players name.​
    if it is connected the player logs in.​
    if it is not connected the player has 2 options:​
    1. log in as a guest using their password.
    2. "connect" the ip they play on to their name as well. So the server will not ask for a password again if they log in with the same name on that ip.
    if the name is not in the yml, the player will be asked to give a password. That password will be encrypted and stored.
    The player can then choose to "connect" the ip he is playing on to his name. Or log in as a guest.

look at what I just said plz

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2016