How to create textures for custom items

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by deivisxm, Feb 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

deivisxm

Hello, i am currentlly making mmorpg plugin and i would like to create weapon called dager. I am guesing i need to somehow give a new id to my custom item but i dont know how. Could someone explain me how should i do this?

2. Offline

Timbals

I tink that's not possible without a mod

3. Offline

deivisxm

I think it is... I just need to change item id... I just cant find how..

4. Offline

Desle

deivisxm
    No, not possible. You can not change the textures, unless using a resource pack.

5. Offline

tylersyme

I'm afraid this isn't possible without client mods

6. Offline

MunchMallow

They are all right, not possible unless you make a resource pack.

7. Offline

deivisxm

well i am going to use server texture pack.. Is there a way i could make textures based on item display name then?

8. Offline

Desle

9. Offline

deivisxm

So basiclly... Daggers will have to be spades?

10. Offline

97WaterPolo

deivisxm
    Yes. All you can do is modify the way it looks using resource packs.

11. Offline

Gater12

deivisxm
    Unless you tell your users to use a resource pack fitted for your situation.

12. Offline

TheHandfish

deivisxm: I think 1.8 is allowing Resource Packs packaged in World folders, soon. ;)

13. Offline

PreFiXAUT

Yes, with MC 1.8 you can use a "resources.zip" File inside your World-Folder and it will load them.
    ----
    Why shouldn't it be possible to do it with a resource-pack?! I saw many Servers which can set the Resource-Pack for a Client (thechunk.net > Mineshooter for example, and no that's no advert, just a example).
    I've never made something with Resource-Packs yet, but when everyone sais it's not possible, I'ld guess it's not allowed to talk about it in this Forum like when you stark talking about BungeeCord > Bam closed. So you might need to search somewhere else. Just my guessing.

14. PreFiXAUT You can't use bukkit to force a resource pack.

15. Offline

L33m4n123

At the same time you are missing one important thing. IIRC the ressourcepack gives the texture according to their ID. So. Now you have a new texture. How do you tell it which ID it should go to? You cannot. As that is something handeled client side. Same as adding new blocks. What do you suspect if you add a new block with a new ID [just theoratically]. The client could not work with it as the client has that ID not in its code and thus it is not possible to do completely new Items with new ID's and texture. Only thing possible is the same as it is now. If people download the ressource pack from your server. They see the exisiting blocks in different textures.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.