How do I...

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by Lilyflame2121, Aug 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Lilyflame2121

Hey guys it's Lily here!
    I have one simple (or some-what) question for you guys! How do I make my code or what's the code, for me to change a command. Let's say this... The command is /cast, how to I make it so /cast (SPELL) is a different command such as /poop (SPELL) instead of /cast (SPELL), but it does /cast (SPELL).

So /poop does a /cast command but if you do /cast it won't work. Thanks for the help if you would ;P

2. Offline

au2001

@Lilyflame2121 If you can't edit the plugin.yml, or if you want the command to be configurable in the config (like Buycraft for exemple), you'll have to use a PlayerCommandPreprocessEvent.

Btw, not very good example...

Last edited: Aug 28, 2015
  3. Offline

Lilyflame2121

Well basically block the command /cast
    Make it a different command like /poop
    When you do /poop it does what cast would do

4. Offline

au2001

@Lilyflame2121 I did understand what you're trying to do, I was just saying you could have chosen another name than "/poop".

5. Offline

SuperSniper

PlayerPreprocessCommandEvent
    Check the command for "poop"
    player.preformCommand("cast");

6. Offline

Lilyflame2121

But how would I make it so when they do /poop, it does a spell cast, but the command /cast would be blocked.

Also poop is just a random example

7. Offline

au2001

@SuperSniper He wants it the other way: /poop -> /cast

And that wouldn't work because the /cast command would still work in your code.

@Lilyflame2121 You have to put your onCommand code in the PlayerPreprocessCommandEvent, after checking the command label.

8. Offline

SuperSniper

@au2001 That's what I did, if the command is "poop", the player is forced to run "cast"

9. Offline

Lilyflame2121

Alright, I'll some-what figure it out :p

10. Offline

au2001

@SuperSniper You just edited your post :mad:

And if the player types /cast in the chat, it'll work. The OP want's it not to work.

11. Do what the above posts said and remove the cast permission from each player

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.