High CPU Usage Help

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by SalC1, Apr 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

SalC1

I have been having an issue on my CraftBukkit with CPU usage. 8GB of ram is allocated so that should not be the issue. One of the issues that this is causing is that the server can't keep up (can't keep up notifications in the console). I heard somewhere that you should use Java VisualVM to find out what is causing the high CPU usage in Minecraft servers and I found this:
    [​IMG]
    Is the circled text causing the problem? Is this normal? Hope somebody can help, thanks!

P.S: My CPU is an Intel Pentium G645 2.9GHz. That could also be the issue.

2. Offline

oceantheskatr

Would you mind listing your plugins?

Also your processor isn't amazing, but should be able to run a server quite well with plugins on it.

Sorry though, I can't shed light on io.netty.channel.nio.NioEvent.select()

3. Offline

SalC1

My Plugins Are: CoreProtect, AutoMessenger, WorldEdit, Playtime, FirstJoinPlus, Questioner, OpenInv, Minetrends, SimpleMail, Votifier, Poke, SwiftApi, Head, IgnoreYou, CustomUknownCommand, SignColours, SimpleSuicide, Chester, mcMMO, Vault, CommandBook, bPermissions, dynmap, BuyXP, CombatLog, CompatNoCheatPlus, Towny, MobArena, WorldBorder, bChatManager, Marriage, Fe, WorldGuard, WhatIsIt, NoCheatPlus, Mobcash, CraftBook, Dynmap-Towny, ChestShop, floAuction, Dynmap-WorldGuard

4. Offline

oceantheskatr

That's a pretty large serverload :p Towny, McMMO, and (I think) Dynmap are all quite intensive plugins. I'd suggest maybe disabling your dynmap plugins temporarily and see if your server runs any better.

(Also make sure to @ me so that I see your replies :p )

5. Offline

mine-care

@oceantheskatr @SalC1 in my local test server I have rarely faced such issues too, for me it does not happend like all time but at ransom times rarely, for some reason my CPU usage jumps to 70% or more without any load on the server or any tasks performed at that time, My pc does not notice but fans do, it produces a lot of hear. If I stop it and start it over everything is smooth :/ ill check it out to find if my problem is similar to yours :3

oceantheskatr likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.