Help with /start.sh

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Franzie59, Nov 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Franzie59

i have a minecraft server and i want to get a /start.sh but i don't know what it is and where to put it please help me. all i know is that it restarts your server when it crashes. i have looked all over the place and cant find an answer. i would really love some help my server wont run without it.

2. Offline

LHammonds

start.sh is a shell script for use on Linux servers. It is similar to a start.bat file for Windows which also serves to start your server.

For every Linux administrator out there, there is another unique startup script. You rarely find the exact same startup scripts. It mainly depends on your environment and needs.

I have my startup script setup so that it runs every minute throughout the day via crontab schedule. The 1st thing it does is check to see if CraftBukkit is already running, if so, it simply exits and does nothing. Otherwise, it sends the command to startup the server.

On my server, I run multiple instances of CraftBukkit (multiple servers on different ports) and each server uses a different amount of RAM. So on my crontab schedule, I pass the amount of RAM I want the server to use as a parameter to the start script.

And since I run multiple servers, I also pass the server name to the script.

Crontab Examples:
    Code:
    1-59 * * * * /var/scripts/start.sh HamCraft 4096 > /dev/null 2>&1
    1-59 * * * * /var/scripts/start.sh VanCraft 2048 > /dev/null 2>&1

3. Offline

Franzie59

ok i have windows 8 and the server has spigot can i change the spigot to use start.bat instead of /strat.sh?

4. Offline

Iroh

Locked, we do not support spigot. Try making a post on the spigot forums.

Mayor_Mike likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.