Help with Minecraft x64 Windows 7

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by risinglotus, Mar 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

risinglotus

SO I had a minecraft server on my old pc.

Built a new computer and installed Windows 7 x64.

I transferred all my server files over but only had start 32-bit server file and not the start-64 bit server.

Basically I was wondering how do I get the 64-bit start server file or just how do I set it up in general.

Thankyou in advance.

2. Offline

THEK

If your using the server startup code from the Bukkit Wiki it should work as it contains methods for both 32 and 64 bit machines

3. Offline

TnT

Quite simply - no matter which OS you use, this command will work:

java -Xincgc -Xmx1G -jar craftbukkit.jar nogui

Of course, this assumes you have Java installed and your OS PATH variable is set correctly. It also assumes the craftbukkit download is renamed to craftbukkit.jar.

4. Offline

kwg

If you visit java.com with a 32bit browser it will not give you the 64bit java installer download (last checked a week ago anyway). go to java.com with ie64. If you already had java installed remove it first. if you hit start and type java it will either bring up "java" or "java (32)" to check

5. Offline

risinglotus

Hey thanks guys I reinstalled Java with the IEx64 (thought I couldnt find the link on the 32 bit). Its working but I'm still running off the 32 bit starter. Do you know where I can get the 64 bit starter?

Thanks again.

6. Offline

kwg

Code:
    @ECHO OFF
    IF /I "%PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE:~-2%"=="64" "%ProgramFiles%\Java\jre6\bin\java.exe" -Xincgc -Xmx1G -jar "%~dp0craftbukkit-0.0.1-snapshot.jar"
    IF /I "%PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE:~-2%"=="86"  java -Xincgc -Xmx1G -jar "%~dp0craftbukkit-0.0.1-snapshot.jar"

PAUSE
    that? should just be a path difference. the launch command is the same otherwise. and there is no 32/64bit .jar. it's the same jar for both.

7. Offline

TnT

Type java -version into your cmd prompt. It should output the version you are running. In my tests (Windows 7) - as soon as I install x64 Java, my java -version reported using x64 Java VM.
    Code:
    java version "1.6.0_23"
    Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_23-b05)
    Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 19.0-b09, mixed mode)

My code will still work for x64 Java.

8. Offline

risinglotus

Hey thanks so much guys.

Used the CMD command and got the same as you TnT and c/p your code kwg. Worked perfectly. Many thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.