Helix particle effect for projectile

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by AKZOBIE74, Nov 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

CentrumGuy

You need to delete the normal import from craftbukkit because I'm pretty sure craftbukkit also has a class called ParticleEffect. You need to delete that import and instead use the library import

coco5843
    Your movement can be created using a runnable. Please don't brag about how you can make it rotate and then not give us the code. This forum is made to help people, not brag about how you can do something that other people can't

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2016
  2. Offline

AKZOBIE74

ChipDev ok it works but why does it spawn on the player? I want it to go the direction the player is facing.

3. Offline

CentrumGuy

AKZOBIE74 that would be a little more complicated. I wouldn't suggest doing that. Try messing with the x y and z and switching them. I don't personally know how to do it since I haven't done it yet but I know it would be way harder. I suggest messing with the code. In case you mess up, at least you've got this forum to re-copy the old code from

4. Offline

ChipDev

I got it to work.. Do all the steps skin and I told you before ;)

5. Offline

AKZOBIE74

I figured out the rotating code a bit. So now when the effect spawns on the player it keeps on spinning because another one comes and blends in with the one that came before it.

6. Offline

Skionz

You can't remove particles.

7. Offline

AKZOBIE74

ChipDev I still don't know how to do it. I have tried my own things but some just end in errors or some just don't work at all.

@Skionz I never removed any particles.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

8. Offline

Skionz

Because you can't

9. Offline

AKZOBIE74

Skionz its just creating an illusion for the rotating thing. Anyways i still cant get the particle to be casted the way the player is facing.

Any help?

10. Offline

ChipDev

Use effect lib by Slikey ;P sorry I didn't mention this earlier!!

11. Offline

AKZOBIE74

ChipDev i dont know how to cast the particle the direction the player is looking at.

12. Offline

ChipDev

Look at its code, or use the EffectLib itself.

13. Offline

Skionz

Google it. I have seen thread on this before.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.