[FUN/MECH] BookWorm v1.14 - Read and write books[BukkitDev]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by nisovin, Jun 19, 2011.

1. Offline

Celtic Minstrel

...you sure the client mod is needed for this? It sounds like something that would work without it.

2. Offline

nisovin

It uses the "achievement get" window. It's really something I was just goofing off with, but I left it in for fun. Definitely requires the client mod.

3. Offline

Celtic Minstrel

Ah, I didn't realize the achievement window part and was commenting solely based on the detecting right-clicks part. It makes sense now.

4. Offline

kahlilnc

Dupe Bug:
    Put a book in a shelf then right/left (i forgot) then it spawns a new book, you can do this as many times as you want. Can you make it so you just get your book back. I always see floods of duped books everywhere.

Realized its all in permissions...

5. Offline

Blacky

I use it.

But I have another request, cann you add this function to paper?
    Like sticky's but with only one page?

6. Offline

Garninc580

Does this work with bukkit 1000

7. Offline

y1985

Hmmm.... Is the permission node for "copy others" and "copy own" are correct? I cant find it's working

Ok, now bug report.
    You can't "copy Others' book" without having a "copy Own book" set in Permission

Step:
    1. Set permission only "copy Others' book" then try to copy someone. ==> fail
    2. Add "Copy Own book" then
    -try to copy Own ==> success
    -try to copy Others ==> success

Is there a way to make a public library that everyone can copy books there but they can't copy any other books or even their book?

8. Just a minor suggestion.
    Is it possible to get the plugin to sort books by usernames in folders? so they are still numbered but create a folder to the player that his/hers books goes into.
    It is easier for reconstructing when people lose their books.
    If there is somehow to get books back after they are destroyed then please inform me :)

Blacky likes this.
  9. Does "bookworm.remove.others" respect WG?

So, if I get a book from some player and place it in my own bookcase, I can remove it.

But I can't just go to someone elses WG region and remove books from their shelves, correct?

And now this exception is back:

Code:
    08:42:31 [SEVERE] Could not pass event PLAYER_INTERACT to BookWorm
    java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: -1
            at java.lang.String.substring(String.java:1958)
            at com.nisovin.bookworm.Book.generateContents(Book.java:53)
            at com.nisovin.bookworm.Book.save(Book.java:194)
            at com.nisovin.bookworm.Book.read(Book.java:173)
            at com.nisovin.bookworm.Bookmark.readBook(Bookmark.java:22)
            at com.nisovin.bookworm.BookWormPlayerListener.onPlayerInteract(BookWormPlayerListener.java:160)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$10.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:307)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:58)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:338)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.event.CraftEventFactory.callPlayerInteractEvent(CraftEventFactory.java:168)
            at net.minecraft.server.ItemInWorldManager.interact(ItemInWorldManager.java:210)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:553)
            at net.minecraft.server.Packet15Place.a(SourceFile:57)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:226)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:85)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:105)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:451)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:361)
            at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)

On server stop this results in:

Code:
    08:45:14 [SEVERE] Error occurred while disabling BookWorm v1.4 (Is it up to date?): String index out of range: -1
            at com.nisovin.bookworm.BookWorm.onDisable(BookWorm.java:551)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:128)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.disablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:899)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.disablePlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:294)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.disablePlugins(SimplePluginManager.java:287)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.disablePlugins(CraftServer.java:157)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.stop(MinecraftServer.java:312)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:391)
    08:45:14 [INFO] [BaseBukkitPlugin 1.3] un-loaded
    08:45:14 [INFO] [LogBlock] Waiting for consumer ...
    08:45:14 [INFO] [LogBlock] Remaining queue size: 6
    08:45:14 [INFO] LogBlock disabled.
    08:45:14 [INFO] Saving chunks
    08:45:16 [SEVERE] Could not pass event WORLD_SAVE to BookWorm
            at com.nisovin.bookworm.BookWormWorldListener.onWorldSave(BookWormWorldListener.java:20)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$51.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:598)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:338)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.saveChunks(MinecraftServer.java:298)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.stop(MinecraftServer.java:324)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:391)
    08:45:17 [INFO] Stopping server
    08:45:17 [INFO] Saving chunks
    08:45:17 [SEVERE] Could not pass event WORLD_SAVE to BookWorm
            at com.nisovin.bookworm.BookWormWorldListener.onWorldSave(BookWormWorldListener.java:20)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$51.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:598)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.saveChunks(MinecraftServer.java:298)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.stop(MinecraftServer.java:324)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.util.ServerShutdownThread.run(ServerShutdownThread.java:15)
    >

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2016
  10. Offline

zenyl

Why not enable us to use some sort of plugin-reload-command, like "/bookworm reload"? :)

11. Offline

nisovin

Try /bookworm -reload.

12. Offline

L3nnyBoss

This Plugin is so great! It works fine on 953, I wrote many books. All my user like it!

13. Offline

Celtic Minstrel

In principle, yes. All you need is WorldGuard and a way to give permissions only in specific WorldGuard regions, and then make the public library a region and give them the "copy others' books" permission in that region.

I'm not sure if the ability to give regional permissions exists in any plugin, though... but if it doesn't, I suspect it will soon.

14. Offline

y1985

Ah, I get the picture.
    Thanks.

15. Offline

sfxworks

Update for build 1k?

16. Offline

T4L_Goose

It works fine for 1k

17. Offline

nisovin

New version released! I added an undo option for small mistakes. It only has one undo level. I also added support for the new permissions system.

undeadmach1ne and LlmDl like this.
  18. Offline

Juze

Nice plugin @nisovin ! Although, your changelog is missing spoilers. Two most recent changes should be visible, rest in spoilers, such as this:

v1.5 - Something.
    v1.4 - Something.
    Show Changelog
    v1.3 - Something again.
    v1.2 - Spoilered.
    v1.1 - I changed something.
    v1.0 - First release, hooray!

19. Offline

JoshP95

Hi, is there a way of reloading the plugin without restarting the server?
    I've tried /bookworm -reload but it doesn't actually reload anything for me.
    Cheers.

[EDIT]: Actually, it seems to be working now. Don't worry.

20. Offline

Phant0mX

Great plugin, this will make adventure maps out of this word! Anyway you could add in a command to load a text file into a book? That would really simplify converting adventure map notes to books.

21. Saw this come by:

Code:
    12:31:01 [INFO] Failed to load book (file not found): -1

22. Offline

narrowtux

For the custom book titles on hover:
    That's now possible with BukkitContrib!
    Users have to have the client mod installed, though.
    PHP:
    BukkitContrib.getItemManager().setCustomName(Material.BOOKbookidthetitle);
    It's as easy as that.
    Maybe I missed that this is implemented, otherwise, I'm glad to help out!

23. Offline

Celtic Minstrel

It's not needed. Just do this:
    1. Go into you BookWorm data folder. You'll see a file called bookid.txt.
    2. In that file is a number. Add one to it, replace it, and save. For example, if it was 5, replace it with 6 and then save it.
    3. Create a text file whose name is the number. In the above example, the filename would be 6.txt.
    4. On the first line of the new file, put the same number again.
    5. On the second line, put the title of the book.
    6. On the third line, put the author of the book.
    7. On the fourth line, put the contents of the book. Don't use the enter key; write :: instead just like you would in-game.
    8. Go into Minecraft, and give yourself the book. For example, if you use General and your book is ID 6, use the command "/give book/6".

You don't even need to reload the server, since BookWorm loads books as they're needed. Note that while I know General supports giving books like that, I don't know if other plugins that have /give support it. If you want to make sure they do before doing all that work, just try it with the ID of an existing book.

Having a BookWorm command to obtain a copy of a book by ID might be helpful though.

24. Offline

nisovin

That function still only accepts a byte, rather than a short. So I could do that for the first 127 books, but none after that.

25. Offline

narrowtux

That's right. I don't know why @Afforess used a byte...

26. Offline

Afforess

Easy to fix. Wish someone had told me sooner. ;)

27. Offline

narrowtux

It's now in shorts in the latest dev release ;)

28. Offline

Phealoon

Bookcase Doesn't Work!

For some reason I have given the permission node for players to remove books from the bookcase, but ONLY ops can do this. Is there a way to allow everyone the ability to take a book off the bookcase. Yes they have all the permissions nodes available. I also have the Resident Plugin which is a type of world guard if that helps.

29. Offline

Zykana

So I have one problem with the plugin. When the server is reloaded rather than stopped and started, from our control panel with our rental server, our books stop displaying. I can place books on shelves I have previously put books. They will be there only when the server is restarted. It's like it's using two different states or something.

30. Offline

JoshP95

Hey! It may have already been explained and sorry if it has but, is it possible to obtain a copy of a book that you may have lost ingame? I saw the post above about "/give book/6" but I don't think it worked for me.
    Cheers!