Fake Players

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by ImAFlo, Oct 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

ImAFlo

How can I create fake players?
    Code Example please :)

2. Offline

Zombie_Striker

3. Offline

ImAFlo

@Zombie_Striker
    Yes I did this.
    But I only find plugins, tutorials for plugins or API's like ProtocolLIB :-/
    In the only bukkit thread I can't find a working way, in the thread they say "It didn't work" :/
    #SchoolEnglish

4. Online

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

@ImAFlo It requires NMS, not something that everybody likes to touch, what is wrong with using a library for it?

5. Offline

teej107

Idk. Maybe you want more work and headaches for yourself.

@ImAFlo There are libraries out there where you can easily do this. Citizens plugin has an API and I believe there is also a NPC library (I haven't used it).

Zombie_Striker and timtower like this.
  6. Offline

SuperSniper

@ImAFlo You can watch PogoStick29Dev's video on NPCs, if you mean "Fake Players" as in NPCs that show player skins and you can customize them to your liking.

7. Offline

ImAFlo

I don't like librarys because it is more easy to install the plugin (for newbies) without librarys. Often people delete the plugin because it don't work and the people don't look into the log. :/

8. Offline

Zombie_Striker

How hard is it to download your plugin, and then download another plugin the exact same way.

Then this is what you should do:
    1. Create an event the triggers when a player joins (or create a repeating task)
    2. If the server does not have this lib, broadcast the message "The Plugin *** needs (ThisLib) In order to work" (Using some Json magic you can have it where if the player clicks "ThisLib" it can redirect the player to the plugin page)

9. Offline

Scimiguy

Harder than you'd think.

I'm with the OP, if I can avoid dependencies I will.

Given that this is a complex topic involving NMS and packet-transmission, you'll probably need to take apart an existing library to get it working.
    SuperSniper's video up there might be useful as well

10. Offline

mythbusterma

@ImAFlo

Or, if you just copy the parts you need, you can include it directly in your plugin (assuming the license on the code allows this).

11. Offline

ImAFlo

Ok.
    I found Citizens api. But the problem is, the npc is visible for every player, but I want that the NPC is only visible for one player. :/

Last edited: Oct 5, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.