Edit ALL Messages from Bukkit and Essentials

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by ziryuk, Jan 17, 2013.

1. Offline

ziryuk

Hi. I've been hoping for dedicated plugin that takes every chat messages given by Bukkit and Essentials and allows the admin to edit it's text and color to match their server's style. Its in an effort to give the server more personality and more interactive with players.

For example, instead of having "You can only sleep at night", I would rather change it to "[Mood] You feel too energetic."
    Rather than messages like "/mail [read|clear|send [to] [message]|sendall [message]]" from /mail, I want it to post a link to my website explaining the mailing system.
    Even the "Unknown command. Type "help" for help" from /help and maybe the help pages as well, just to name a few.

I played around with Essential's messages_en.properties, and it helped but wasn't complete, and I've messed around with mChat plugin but it had some extra features that conflicts with my current plugin(s). I really wish there was one plugin truly dedicated to this. At least for Bukkit and Essentials.

2. Offline

Necrodoom

the mail syntax you mentioned can be edited in plugin.yml, found inside essentials.jar.
    other than that, i dont think thats really possible, especially "You can only sleep at night" which is pure client sided.