Inactive [ECON] RealShop - Shop using chests [1337-1561]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Baptiste Pillot, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Offline

tickleman

SrJoben, sleite, Flipp and 6 others like this.
  2. Offline

Zeta

This has potential, and I like it so far!

Things I'd like to see:

- The ability to use colored text (or can we do that already? I didn't check)
    - An option on chest creation for that chest to only buy and sell certian items (even if just one at first), perhaps you could do this by having it see what items are in it when it's created?
    - The ability for a chest shop's creator to be able to take out/add items to the chest without transactions going off
    - An admin option on chest creation to make chests have an infinite supply, perhaps where items placed in it for selling by the owner replenish after someone purchases them, and items sold to the empty space remove themselves after sale?

It also might be useful to try and put in shop chest protection so people can't just go break them and steal everything. LWC would probably work, but it's not working for me at the moment, and it's nice to have plugins take care of themselves when they can.

I'm keeping an eye on this, so much cooler than the sign based one.

3. Offline

ShadowDrakken

Very nice, will be watching this one, but as long as it's admin-only it's not much use on my server.
    Would love to see per-user shops including allowing users to set their own pricing.
    SQL is pretty much a must though in order to support per-user shops.

4. Offline

infact

is there any way to control what to buy and sell,for example if i wish only cobble for sale and only wheat to buy?
    i'd like to make different stores for different things!

5. Offline

Arisilde

Once you get permission support to grant groups the ability to make chests this plugin will be awesome :D

6. Offline

Cryoffun

It creates duplicates when you take something from the chest, but you don't have enough money. The chest is refilled, but your inventory isn't changed.

Also, I'd like to make chests that only sell, and need to be refilled(or auto-filled :D?).

7. Offline

tickleman

I read all you told me. The next versions of the plugin will take care of your suggestions, be aware for new versions.
    ... and be patient, this is a homework :)

Thx

jeanjaz and infact like this.
  8. Offline

bogboom

With Craftbukkit 432 and Iconomy 1.3

Code:
    [SEVERE] Could not pass event BLOCK_INTERACT to RealShop
    java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: db
            at com.bukkit.tickleman.RealShop.RealShop.enterChest(RealShop.java:134)
            at com.bukkit.tickleman.RealShop.RealShopBlockListener.onBlockInteract(RealShopBlockListener.java:70)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$24.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:247)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:59)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:225)
            at net.minecraft.server.BlockChest.a(BlockChest.java:127)
            at net.minecraft.server.ItemInWorldManager.a(ItemInWorldManager.java:160)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:497)
            at net.minecraft.server.Packet15Place.a(SourceFile:57)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.a(SourceFile:230)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:70)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:100)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:338)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:253)
            at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:366)

9. Offline

tickleman

Did you get the latest iConomy version ? I have not tested with this old version 1.3, I was on 2.2b...
    Please upgdrade to iConomy 2.2b version.
    Il will probably upgrade my mod to iConomy 3.0, which just came online ! New API, so new problems I guess... very soon.

Thx

10. Offline

bogboom

Yea I meant 3.0 I'll just waitf or you to update your plugin to the newer Iconomy 3.0

Thanks

11. Offline

Triton74

Nice plugin :)
    Please permission support. :)

12. Offline

Torteth

This plugin is exactly what I have been waiting for.

I agree that signs attached to the chests would be awesome, along with a chat message informing the user of the costs.

What, no it's not. An SQL server is completely over the top and totally unnecessary for storing 10 or 20 lines of information. (even with 200 users). Even something simple like a single text file per user(name) would be fine.

The current trend of using SQL for everything is ridiculous.

phoenixstar likes this.
  13. Offline

infact

maybe u could add /shop <name> or /shop <id>, so there is one config per shop to config what to buy and sell?
    and please update to iconomy 3.0 by time :)

14. Offline

ShadowDrakken

I didn't say an SQL server, just SQL in general. Sqlite is far better than a flatfile for managing hundred of entries per-user quickly. Especially if it can be edited on-the-fly through slash commands.

Baptiste Pillot likes this.
  15. Offline

tickleman

You're almost right. I will not use MySQL or SQLite if there is no performance issue...
    For worlds where thousands of shop-chests are created, the plugin may be memory-consuming as I load the entire shops file into memory. Not CPU-Consumming (less than using MySQL or SQLite), as java HashMaps are fast enough I guess (<hope>)

So I am 3.0 compatible now. Thanks.
    And 2.x retro-compatibility is kept (as a multiple-versions of dependencies experiment... seems to work!).

I load the shops file once, and index them in memory with a java "hashmap", so this will be faster than an SQLite or MySQL access I guess, even if one hundred or shops are created.
    But this would take some amount of memory, dangerous for thunsands of shops perhaps... hem. Let's see ;)

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2016
  16. Offline

zehkaiser

Bukkit 458 & iConomy 3.0
    Every time I go to a shop it says I have 0 coins. Also, even if I sell an item it won't change my iConomy balance and say I have 0 coins the next time I open the chest.

GingernutRanger likes this.
  17. Offline

bogboom

Using it now. Working great!

Thanks

18. Offline

Taylor179

bukkit 458? all i can find is 450...

19. Offline

ShadowDrakken

and 440 is the only one that matters since it's the plugin developer build :)

20. Offline

Taylor179

ok... i can't get this working for some reason... (i thought it was the build but idk) it loads this before iConomy and so it doesn't load right and doesn't work

Help....?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

21. Offline

ShadowDrakken

plugins load in random order every time Bukkit starts... developers need to start doing like MultiVerse does and disable themselves, watch for their dependencies, then re-enable themselves... but it's not something most developers are even aware of right now... all you can do is restart your server, or try the console "reload" command

22. Offline

tickleman

Could you please give me the plugins/RealShop/realshop.log content ? No warning/error/evere issue in it ?

Could you send me the plugins/Realshop/realshop.log log file ? It contains a lot of information, like "why didn't it load". ([SEVERE]

look at the server.log log too, if there are some java exceptions and other errors at load, this could help me to help you !

23. Offline

Carnage104

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE FIX THIS!!

24. Offline

Fralexxelarf

Hey i found a bug; if someone uses the shop, picks an item and drops it instead of putting it in their own bag they can pick it up again for free,

25. Offline

ShadowDrakken

nice catch!
    hrm, temporary solution is to turn the store into a DropChest >:]

26. Offline

godgodgodgo

Can we have a version where instead of using the money of iConomy. You trade items with the shop. Like 15 dirt for 1 wooden pick?
    This would be great because at the moment i don't have a way for players to earn money.

27. Offline

ShadowDrakken

not a bad idea... could do that by supporting a format similar to Monster Hunt... where the cost of an item for sale is an item id and quantity (id:quantity) and id 0 = iConomy money

28. Offline

godgodgodgo

:) yes please do... this would be awesome :D

29. Offline

tickleman

The idea with my shop is that players sell items into the chest-shop to earn money.
    If the player has 15 dirt, he sells it to the shop.
    Then he can buy 1 wooden pick (if he has enough money !).

30. Offline

zehkaiser

Here are my server and RealShop log files. I cleared both logs, loaded the server with just Bukkit 450, iConomy 3.0, Permissions 2.1, and RealShop 0.15. It tells me it's working, but doesn't actually affect my iConomy balance. It also thinks I always have a 0 balance.

Attached Files: