Discussion: Oops, I broke your plugins!

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by EvilSeph, Jan 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Celtic Minstrel

I don't think I ever used == on blocks anyway... suppose I should double-check though.

2. Offline

tyzoid

What is this error caused by?
    How do I fix it?

Code:
    2011-10-16 14:42:43 [SEVERE] Error occurred (in the plugin loader) while disabling Colors v1.7.5 (Is it up to date?): null
    java.lang.NullPointerException
    	at java.lang.Class.isAssignableFrom(Native Method)
    	at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.removeClass(JavaPluginLoader.java:245)
    	at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.disablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:992)
    	at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.disablePlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:296)
    	at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.disablePlugins(SimplePluginManager.java:289)
    	at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.disablePlugins(CraftServer.java:166)
    	at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.stop(MinecraftServer.java:325)
    	at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:404)
    	at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:417)

3. Offline

feildmaster

Happens to everyone, I don't know about the team, but I've been looking into it myself... With what little time I have.

4. Offline

tyzoid

@feildmaster
    Is it a problem with bukkit?
    Seems like... Let me see if a dev version fixed it.

5. Offline

feildmaster

@tyzoid : I assume it is. Because it happens for everything...

6. Offline

tyzoid

@feildmaster
    Yup, Build 1340 fixed the issue.

I have no idea why the other build was recommended/doesn't work.

7. Offline

Dinnerbone Bukkit Team Member

It's just console spam, nothing is actually broken to my knowledge.

8. Offline

feildmaster

They fixed it right after the recommend, but it apparently didn't get updated before the new RB.

This is correct.

9. Offline

tyzoid

Yea but it is odd that a native method would be generating a NPE... Anyway thanks for the info.

10. Offline

Don Redhorse

could we update this again... yeah I know it is me asking but this is still valid..

11. Offline

GummiA

Hello, im not sure if i am so post to post this in this forum but... The 1.2.3 release has came out. And on my server i am using Build for 1.2.3 and many many plugins wont load and i get so many errors. When the RB will release will this get fixed? I see you are removing some codes. Also u tell us to update our plugins. What if the plugin developer is no longer updateing it? And It's the only plugin that does this exact thing to my server? Plz give me some aswers.

12. Offline

Don Redhorse

this is the wrong place... there is a thread which was started by codename_B about updating plugins, take a look there.

on a side note: EvilSeph Dinnerbone PLEASE start posting in the oops I broke your plugin again.

13. Offline

--GJ--

Epic necro is epic.

14. This thread should have been active the entire time.

15. Offline

feildmaster

I will post any breaks I notice... Simply because this topic is here. On that note, I don't know of anything that breaks at the moment. :)

Don Redhorse likes this.
  16. Offline

Don Redhorse

thanks... but those breakage should be posted in the team only thread.. this was just for discussion :)

but that is better than nothing..

17. Offline

--GJ--

I do know of one break - if you fire a BlockBreakEvent manually, you'll have to update to include the list of drops in the constructor now.

18. Offline

feildmaster

I know, but I don't have the ability to post there. :)

--GJ-- : What? That's always been the case?

19. Offline

Celtic Minstrel

No, it's because my drops pull changed the constructor of BlockBreakEvent.

20. Offline

feildmaster

Oh... I see.

21. Offline

thisguy128512

So I guess this is the constructor that disabled poor world guard from working.

22. Offline

--GJ--

Probably.

23. Offline

jacklin213

i imported the new api 1.3.1 for bukkit and it says PlayerChatEvent is deprecated ....

24. Offline

Engelier

That's right. It's now AsyncPlayerChatEvent.

25. Offline

jacklin213

is there a difference? so it would look like this
    Code:
    public void onPlayerChat(AsyncPlayerChatEvent chat)

26. Offline

xZise

And what is, if I want to modify the chat event (e.g. cancelling it). Afaik this isn't possible if it is asynchronous.

Fabian

27. Offline

theguynextdoor

Cancelling the event is fine, but what you can't do is any non thread safe method, such as player.hasPermission

28. Offline

Engelier

The reason being? XcraftChat does that to determine the correct formatting and it works like a charm.

Is there a better way to check the senders permissions and formatting it's chatline?

29. Offline

theguynextdoor

I'm no expert on this new event in terms of thread safe, simply because non of my plugins do this. But i recommend reading this thread for more info on the event: http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/asyncplayerchatevent.90614/#post-1262654

30. Offline

xZise

Okay, I thought it was a “read only” event. But when I get this straight the complete chatting stuff is now in a separated thread. But what if I need a threadsafe access?

And I found some other breakage: When a player leaves the server it will be removed from the player's list before executing the event. As the previous behaviour was vice versa I opened a Ticket #2193.

Fabian

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.