Inactive [DEV/ADMIN] BukkitInsider 1.1 - Inspect events and plugins that register them. [1337]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by apiocera, Oct 23, 2011.

1. Offline

apiocera

BukkitInsider: inspect events and plugins. On the fly.
    Version: 1.1

This quick, small and dirty plugin is able to get all event subscriptions and list them to you. Also, of particular interest is the ability to calculate average time to process a certain event.

Some technical details: it works partly because of some black magic called Reflections. I substitute Bukkit's own PluginManager with my own that is very similar to the original, but allows me to intercept all events prior to another plugins and pull out my microsecond-precise stopwatch. Please note that this may add a couple of microseconds to the bill.
    As you might know, black magic doesn't like to cooperate, so if you have any other plugin that does its own sacred rituals, be aware of possible bad interaction.

Screenshot:
    [​IMG]
    Commands:
    Primary command is `introspect`, aliased `isp`. It dumps everything into console because amount of imformation is just huge, you just won't see everything in that tiny Minecraft chat.
    • `introspect all` - dump everything known.
    • `introspect plugin <plugin name>` - dump everything about plugin.
    • `introspect plugins` - get a list of loaded plugins.
    • `introspect <command> plugins <plugin1> [plugin2] ...` - dump everything about those plugins.
    • `introspect event <event name>` - find who subscribed to that event.
    • `introspect events` - list of events that have at least one listener.
    • `introspect events <event1> [event2] ...` - dump everything about those events.
    • `introspect scheduler` - view all scheduled tasks.
    How, hints: plugin names are case-insensitive. Event names are, however, not.
    Downloads:
    Download BukkitInsider.
    Source Code (warning: obscene comments and obscene code, content rated R).
    BukkitDev - yup.

Changelog:
    • v 1.1:
    • Now with microsecond precision!
    • Also, each listener is now measured separately. This is quite awesome, you can now compare efficiency of each listener, effectively making this plugin an optimization tool.
    • Scheduled tasks can now be viewed.
    • v 1.0
    • first release, also the first public

Rahazan likes this.
  2. Offline

Afforess

I am pleased to see another follower of the dark arts.

Suggestion: Use nanotime instead of milliseconds, then divide 1E6D so you can see partial milliseconds.

3. Offline

Rahazan

This is genius, although I do not see a direct use for it.

4. Offline

MonsieurApple

5. Offline

L5D

Usefull to check the performance of plugins.

Can you add things ? :
    Group time and call number by plugin name
    Same control to check sync task

6. Offline

apiocera

New version, now 1.1! Thanks @Afforess and @L5D, I really needed that push to make this plugin better. So, new features are:
    • Now with microsecond precision!
    • Also, each listener is now measured separately. This is quite awesome, you can now compare efficiency of each listener, effectively making this plugin an optimization tool.
    • Scheduled tasks can now be viewed.
    • Also, charming flavour :)

7. Offline

nacs

Looks promising! Will test this

Edit: Works and works beautifully!

It's great to finally see a breakdown of what each plugin is doing and how long each one is taking to run. Thank you so much for creating this.

8. Offline

dirkson

This thing creates massive log spam when run with the newer Spout dev builds. I'd love to be able to use it!

-Dirk

9. Offline

Codex Arcanum

This looks great! I've always wanted to have some automated way to do this so I can weed out plugins checking for PLAYER_MOVE and such.

10. Offline

Donald Scott

+100 This is great for finding lag.

11. Offline

sorklin

Any chance this'll be updated for 1.1?

12. Offline

Dark_Balor

NotYetRated likes this.
  13. Offline

NotYetRated

14. Offline

Dark_Balor

It's now updated for the 1.2, you'll find the plugin on dev.bukkit :)

15. Offline

Sabotage

Would someone care to explain the output in more detail? I'm a little confused on how to interpret the results.
    Here is an output from my server if anyone would care to translate:

http://pastebin.com/kJUm0Wkf

16. Offline

Ziden

update to the lastest RB pleeeease