Curse Client Update - now with Minecraft world management!

Discussion in 'Community News and Announcements' started by EvilSeph, Nov 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

EvilSeph

[​IMG]
    Curse has just released an update to their Curse Client that provides Minecrafters with some cool new features to make managing their worlds a breeze, on top of the ease of use and powerful tools it already offers to manage texture packs and browse Minecraft servers.

Check out the video below for a quick breakdown of what you can do with the Curse Client:

New Features:
    • World Saving: Each and every world you've made in Minecraft can be backed up through the Curse Client, with the ability to manage your backups through an easy to use interface. A "More Info" tab provides you with quick access to your health, level, the number of items in your inventory and gives you the ability to copy your world's seed for easy sharing at the click of a button.
    • Quick Saving: Every world that is backed up is then quick saved every few minutes by the Curse Client, with the ability to force a quick save by hitting the Escape key and bringing up the Minecraft pause menu. Built an awesome house only to have a creeper pop up out of nowhere and blow it up? Now you can easily click to restore your your world to before that happened!
    • World Syncing: Curse Premium members will have the additional ability of being able to easily and quickly upload their world saves to the cloud, which makes it available for download on any PC you want to play your world on!
    Don't forget that plugin developers that upload their plugin to our BukkitDev service and receive 1,000 or more downloads get a free Curse Premium subscription as thanks for your contribution to our community!

Don't have Curse Premium? That's fine! Curse will be giving everyone a free weekend of Curse Premium to check out the new Client and all the awesome new features for yourself! After the free weekend is over your saves will be safe in the cloud for a full month, giving you ample time to decide if you'd like to subscribe to make use of this cool feature!

Download and check out the new Curse Client here and make managing your worlds, finding texture packs and servers a breeze:
    Curse Client Download

For more information on the Curse Client and what it has to offer, check out the Curse Client website on Curse.com.

Technius, Thermo_Core, TnT and 2 others like this.
  2. Offline

hontiris1

Awesome i love it.

3. Offline

snakehead007

Nice!! i love it:cool:!

4. Offline

TnT

Offtopic posts removed. "First" is not an adequate comment.

5. Offline

ThaSourceGaming

Wow. Now I'm going to download Curse :D

6. Offline

Hoolean

Never tried it before but it looks cool ;D

7. Offline

md_5

So who do I bug for Linux support?

gomeow, Kiwii, rsshelas and 2 others like this.
  8. Offline

sxx1

Nice!! i love it:cool:!

9. Offline

pouf01

J'aime sa m'aide bien :)

10. Offline

lol768

Be good if they put as much effort as they did into their Curse client into BukkitDev..

MrBluebear3 and hawkfalcon like this.
  11. Offline

hawkfalcon

Or even this support for Mac ._.

MrBluebear3 likes this.
  12. Offline

uali85

Bohoot Acha Hai! = Very Nice! :D

13. Offline

md_5

It supports mac...

14. Offline

hawkfalcon

Not the new features D: We're 4.0 still:(

MrBluebear3 likes this.
  15. Offline

user_43347

This raises the bar when it comes to Curse's desire for advertising and money.

joshwenke and lol768 like this.
  16. Offline

Kainzo

woo.

XemsDoom and MrBluebear3 like this.
  17. Offline

HappyPikachu

Looks like I no longer have an excuse not to use this. I especially like the cloud storage.

18. Offline

chaseoes

The plugin authors who have 100k+ downloads must have.. a long time of curse premium.

19. Offline

Lolmewn

*getting so close...*
    EDIT: Just counted, 53802 atm.

generilisk likes this.
  20. Offline

MistaGhost

Don't get me wrong the voice Actor in the video here is nice guy for doing this but maybe someone a bit more enthusiastic would make a world of difference :p

21. Offline

on3fifth

My favorite feature is how it bugs me on start up of my pc to re install the client. I think I removed it for a reason but yet I still have to be asked if I want to re-install it? :confused: I've seen viruses do that. cursed.jpg

22. Offline

generilisk

I like to think you counted them by hand...

23. Offline

Lolmewn

I did. It's probably more now :)

24. Offline

lukegb

Ugh, it's the way Microsoft's autoupdate stuff works - to get it to trigger they've probably shoved a shortcut to the .application (or the .application itself) inside your autorun folder. Check there and delete it if it's hanging around.

25. Offline

monkey789

Great! Like Like! ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.