CraftBukkit for Minecraft 1.7.8 DEVELOPMENT build is now available!

Discussion in 'Bukkit News' started by EvilSeph, Apr 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

EvilSeph

A new CraftBukkit for Minecraft 1.7.8 DEVELOPMENT build is now available!

As of this post, we've shifted development over to Minecraft 1.7.8 compatibility and now have development builds available. We strongly suggest that you only use this build if you would like to help us get a Beta build out sooner and are experienced with using unsupported development builds.

Minecraft 1.7.8 contains important changes to enable support for the upcoming switch to UUIDs and name changing. We strongly recommend you read our previous article on the switch to UUIDs to help you understand what it means for servers and how to prepare for Mojang allowing name changes by Minecraft 1.8.

WARNING: Minecraft 1.7.8 is an update that requires clients to update before being able to connect. This means that players will not be able to connect to your server if they have not updated to at least Minecraft 1.7.6.

Will plugins break with this build?
    Minecraft 1.7 is one of the most involved updates to date, with Mojang having touched a reported ~220k+ lines of code. As a result, a significant amount of the code base has shifted making it difficult to ensure any stability with regards to our API. That being said, it is difficult to determine if plugins will be breaking with our 1.7.x update and the state of the API in our earlier development builds should NOT be relied upon in any way.

What is a Development Build?
    A Development build is provided AS IS and COMPLETELY UNSUPPORTED. You should only be running these builds if you are completely aware of how to properly make use of them. Support requests of ANY KIND will be removed without warning. If you have to ask where or how to get the development build, you should NOT be running it and posts of that nature will be deleted.

Known Issues:
    • None
    Download the development build CraftBukkit 1.7.8-R0.1-SNAPSHOT here

2. Offline

chaseoes

Great work! :)

hawkfalcon and KingFaris11 like this.
  3. Offline

drtshock

Awesome ;D

4. Offline

LegitJava

Cheers guys! :)

5. Offline

DSH105

Super fast ;D

6. Offline

Alshain01

Nice. So this switches over to UUID's being the primary method and user names being blocking methods for OfflinePlayer?

7. Offline

GoldPixel

How i change to use UUID instead of PlayerName?
    I need to change the essentials data file instead of goldpixels.yml to <UUID>.yml?
    Or a other way?

8. Offline

noobkackboon

This update came faster than I expected. Very nice.
    This will be very useful to test UUID stuff.

9. Offline

Bobcat00

So do plugins have to use UUIDs? Or will name-based plugins still work for now?

GodsDead likes this.
  10. How does one set the SkullMeta owner now? If a player changes usernames, the heads will not work, would they?

glen3b likes this.
  11. Offline

ThaSourceGaming

That was fast :p

12. Offline

skyrimfan1

Nice work! This came alot faster than I expected. :eek:

13. Offline

kyle939

Nice. I hope too see a stable build soon and hopefully before Minecraft run another update. Would like to atleast play the game for longer than a week before an update :p

14. Offline

Jaaakee224

Nice work!

15. Offline

GodsDead

What everyone wants to know with this update; do plugins need to be updated to use UUIDs? Or will name-based plugins still work for now?
    Please answer this question.

16. Offline

Black Hole

"name-based plugin" will still work. They are just a little slower for offline players if the profile is expired in the cache.
    Once name changing is live, it's unsafe to still identify players by their name.

17. Offline

Batboy_272

so will the 1.7.2-R0.3 build become recommended buildnow???

18. Offline

Tylev

Probably not, as to my knowledge, 1.6.4 is the most stable version so far.

19. Offline

xbenas

Practically - yes.
    In documents - never.

20. Offline

JamesQ9

I honestleyhonestly don't care whether the build is stable or not, I just want to have a private server for me and my friends. Cheers for getting the dev build out so quickly! Me and my friends are very pleased. I predict that when name changes come out, it is going to take a looong time to get a dev build. Overall, I am very, very,:) .

21. Offline

Bobcat00

Now there's a Minecraft 1.7.9. :'(
    Nice that they fixed "some" server crashes. I guess it would be too much to ask for them to fix all server crashes. :p

glen3b likes this.
  22. Offline

Mike1022

Minecraft 1.9: The Bugfix Update

Fixes all client and server bugs realistically possible to fix.

23. Offline

General

Mike1022

They may as well just do a recode. :p

Clearly, the next 1.7.x build will be 1.8.

24. Offline

Mike1022

General There have been no snapshots for some time...

They should've gotten a couple people working on a dev build for them.

25. Offline

bobdabiulder

I updated to this build, and I must know: How can I switch the inventories over to this? My world have inventories saved with usernames, not UUIDs! How can I convert them, if at all?

Jamboozlez likes this.
  26. Offline

TnT

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.