CraftBukkit for Minecraft 1.6.2 DEVELOPMENT build is now available!

Discussion in 'Bukkit News' started by EvilSeph, Jul 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

EvilSeph

A new CraftBukkit for Minecraft 1.6.2 DEVELOPMENT build is now available!

As of this post, we've shifted development over to Minecraft 1.6.2 compatibility and now have development builds available. We strongly suggest that you only use this build if you would like to help us get a Beta build out sooner and are experienced with using unsupported development builds. If you have to ask where or how to get the development build, you should NOT be running it and posts of that nature will be deleted.

WARNING: Minecraft 1.6.2 is an update that requires clients to update before being able to connect. This means that players will not be able to connect to your server if they have not updated to Minecraft 1.6.2.

Will plugins break with this build?
    Minecraft 1.6.x has changed how health is stored for entities, which is something plugin developers have been relying on and expecting to never change. Usually a change of this kind would force us to completely break plugins, however, we've managed to come up with a way to support both the old and new health formats without any problems. This means that all the plugins that would have broken from this change will all work fine, giving plugin developers time to update their plugins properly and allowing you to keep your server running without any issues.

While we were busy updating CraftBukkit to Minecraft 1.6.1, we realised that the change to how health is handled would cause a lot of headaches for all our server admins and plugin developers, so we spent a lot of time trying to come up with a better way to handle this than simply breaking all plugins. We hope that all the hours we put into this solution will significantly improve your Minecraft 1.6.1 update experience.

Provided the developers of the plugins you are using are keeping up with the development of Bukkit, all your plugins should work fine. Unless we specifically have to break plugins or the plugins you are using are employing inappropriate practice's, most plugins should work without needing an update whenever we put out a new release.

What is a Developer Build?
    A Developer build is provided AS IS and COMPLETELY UNSUPPORTED. You should only be running these builds if you are completely aware of how to properly make use of them. Support requests of ANY KIND will be removed without warning. If you have to ask where or how to get the development build, you should NOT be running it and posts of that nature will be deleted.

Known Issues:
    • None

2. Offline

kkc889

Good job Team :D Mojang to bring out much update ^^

3. Offline

Wolfenman1013

I sincerely thank the bukkit team for all of their hard work. Without them, life would be a head ache.

vgmddg likes this.
  4. Offline

creepers84

You guys are amazing!

5. Offline

LandonTheGeek

Great job Bukkit! Appreciated as always!

6. Offline

MrDaniels1968

Very nice, Thanks guys!

7. Offline

TheCatMaker

Damn you're fast!

8. Offline

lee8oi

The plugins are working normally. Everything is great. 1.6.2 even seems a little faster in the terrain generation. Well worth the upgrade.

Edit: as a side note, I'm not getting so many 'End of Stream" errors anymore. Very good.

9. Offline

xXExtremeTugaXx

Is the bug of the despawn of the animals when a player go far away and come back again is steel in this version of bukkit? If it don't I will not download, sorry.....

10. Offline

spydercanopus

That was a Mojang issue and it was addressed in 1.6.2

11. Offline

unforgiven5232

Thanks for the fast build :D

12. Offline

Iroh

The very first dev build is simply designed to allow players to join and have all old plugins compatible. New features are not a priority on the very first build give them a build or two and I am sure all the new vanilla commands will be in there.

13. Offline

Epicboss26

This server works PERFECT for me! You should make it the recommended build!

THTGUY99 likes this.
  14. Offline

coolsparky97

The new Minecraft launcher, automatically updated me to 1.3.2 when I was in the middle of building on my server. Now thanks to you guys, I can proceed with my work!

15. Offline

felixislive

Cheers lads.

16. Offline

classique251

Way to go keeping up with the updates any news on when the beta is coming out?

THTGUY99 likes this.
  17. Offline

Jaiph

Same, terrain generation is back to normal - sweet!

18. Offline

athenian200

Thank you, CraftBukkit developers! :)

But shame on Mojang for acting like we're still in Beta and pushing out updates so fast that plugin authors and non-vanilla servers can't keep up. :/

19. Offline

wschumer

Congratz on finishing it :D

I'm okay with waiting a bit, as I understand you probably have things to do outside of this, so bravo indeed!

20. Offline

UltramarineXIII

I find it embarrassing that I'm the only one without a clue as to where as the download link is..

21. Offline

Qi Xiang

Great job on getting this out so fast ;)

22. Offline

ZachBora

UltramarineXIII Unless you're a plugin developer, you should wait for a beta build. It's safer with a beta build.

23. Offline

UltramarineXIII

Aha, no I just need to get everything working as fast as possible, and I've had plenty of experience doing so. But where can I find the download links? I can't remember how

24. Offline

autoit4you

UltramarineXIII

25. can we have an E-Mail notification always when a new build comes?

THTGUY99 likes this.
  26. Offline

DasGonzalo

this is better than 1.6.1¿?

27. Offline

DevSever

Good work Team you guys are some great people!

28. Offline

Bobcat00

Yes, if for no other reason than the ability to run Optifine with the 1.6.2 client.

29. Offline

XxgreenleedxX

Great Job!

30. Offline

Freo5

Great Work!

31. Offline

tanveergt5

howcome those spigot guys updated the same day 1.6.2 came out? i thought they were based on bukkit

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.