CraftBukkit for a really old version of Minecraft Beta 1.7.2!

Discussion in 'Bukkit News' started by Dinnerbone, Jul 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Dinnerbone Bukkit Team Member

THIS IS NOT AN UPDATE FOR MINECRAFT RELEASED IN OCT 2013

Show Spoiler

Update - July 1, 2011 at 3:01PM EST:
    Minecraft 1.7.2 contains a dupe exploit that will ruin your economy or could create other issues. We strongly recommend waiting for a fix from either Mojang or ourselves before updating.

---------------------------------------------------------

We're pleased to announce our fastest update ever, and we've just made our 1.7.2 compatible build of CraftBukkit available to download as a recommended build here.

For those who are interested, we had a 1.7 update ready for testing within 15 minutes of 1.7 being launched. That's compared to hours or even days we usually take! 1.7.1 was ready within 10 minutes, and 1.7.2 was ready in just under 10.

We'd like to thank you all for helping us test these out, and rest assured we're trying everything we can to make these even faster for the future!

2. Offline

j_is_me57

works great, mostly no problems... except that it kinda just works like theres no issues but god it lags like theres no tomorrow for me... granted i don't have no 8 processors or 24gb of RAM... but it worked nice and smooth for 1.6.6... I have 4gb of DDR3 RAM and a duo Processor So i should have very little lag... yet its insane... I'm still amazed you guys got it out within a day but I think it might need a little more work, just to smooth it out, cause i've never had this much lag... on the other hand though it works people can play it and it was available in a day so thats pretty good

3. Offline

MiniKahn

Hmm..
    I have Bukkit 153 and Minecraft 1.7.2 ..
    I can't reproduce this error..

4. Offline

JayPak

I need help with this. I start my server and everything goes fine, but after about 15 seconds the server console says this:
    Code:
    [INFO] JayPak [/5.70.201.101:58121] logged in with entity id 573 at ([ReflexShot] 140.62559915043798, 48.0, -243.30000001192093)
    2011-07-01 16:40:22

[SEVERE] Could not pass event PLAYER_JOIN to BukkitContrib
    java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: a
        at org.bukkitcontrib.player.ContribCraftPlayer.createInventory(ContribCraftPlayer.java:343)
        at org.bukkitcontrib.player.ContribCraftPlayer.<init>(ContribCraftPlayer.java:73)
        at org.bukkitcontrib.player.ContribCraftPlayer.updateBukkitEntity(ContribCraftPlayer.java:482)
        at org.bukkitcontrib.ContribPlayerListener.onPlayerJoin(ContribPlayerListener.java:24)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$1.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:244)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:58)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:321)
        at net.minecraft.server.ServerConfigurationManager.c(ServerConfigurationManager.java:124)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetLoginHandler.b(NetLoginHandler.java:97)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetLoginHandler.a(NetLoginHandler.java:74)
        at net.minecraft.server.Packet1Login.a(SourceFile:43)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:226)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetLoginHandler.a(NetLoginHandler.java:40)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:91)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:451)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:361)
        at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)2011-07-01 16:41:00

[SEVERE] Could not pass event PLAYER_COMMAND_PREPROCESS to BukkitContrib
    java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: a
        at org.bukkitcontrib.player.ContribCraftPlayer.createInventory(ContribCraftPlayer.java:343)
        at org.bukkitcontrib.player.ContribCraftPlayer.<init>(ContribCraftPlayer.java:73)
        at org.bukkitcontrib.player.ContribCraftPlayer.updateBukkitEntity(ContribCraftPlayer.java:482)
        at org.bukkitcontrib.player.ContribCraftPlayer.getContribPlayer(ContribCraftPlayer.java:530)
        at org.bukkitcontrib.ContribPlayerListener.onPlayerCommandPreprocess(ContribPlayerListener.java:68)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$5.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:272)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:58)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:321)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.handleCommand(NetServerHandler.java:704)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.chat(NetServerHandler.java:676)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:669)
        at net.minecraft.server.Packet3Chat.a(Packet3Chat.java:33)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:84)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:105)
        at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422) 2011-07-01 16:41:00

[INFO] JayPak: Giving JayPak some 33
    2011-07-01 16:41:00

[SEVERE] java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: f
    2011-07-01 16:41:00 [SEVERE]     at org.bukkitcontrib.ContribNetServerHandler.a(ContribNetServerHandler.java:171)

[SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.Packet102WindowClick.a(SourceFile:28)
    [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:226)
    [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:84)
    [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:105)
    [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:451)
    [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:361)
    [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)
    [SEVERE] Unexpected exception
    java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: f
        at org.bukkitcontrib.ContribNetServerHandler.a(ContribNetServerHandler.java:171)
        at net.minecraft.server.Packet102WindowClick.a(SourceFile:28)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:84)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:105)
        at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)

5. Offline

Crimsonfox

BukkitContrib is a plugin that isn't to do with the Bukkit Developers, you need to go to their specific thread.

6. Offline

JayPak

Thank you, I tried to "decode" that :p, but didn't see that I just deleted that plugin. I don't really want it that much anyway.

7. Offline

APx Dr Dj

Works fine for me

8. Offline

Clockwork

Is it just me still getting the 1.7.1 bugs with this release?

9. Offline

zMASKm

When you say there is a dupe bug that could ruin the "economy" it leaves a bit to be questioned. If you mean economy plugins and such, my server doesn't utilize any, and it wouldn't effect us. If you mean something else by that, please be a little more detailed. I already updated to 953 and all the people on my server are now running 1.7.2 so there is no going back for us. Just how severe is this bug?

10. Offline

TheHeadSooter

thanks very much :)

11. Offline

Some dupe bugs were fixed in 1.7.2, some weren't. This is a minecraft thing, not bukkit. By "economy" we meant an actual economy, as in who has what items and their need for items etc, not some plugin.

12. Offline

Missnostalgia

Ouch that is a terrible dupe, is Notch aware of this issue?

13. Offline

gcb38

wen will ther b an update that won't break iconomy (would u call that a stable build?)? i hav a server based on iconomy and my frends r annoying me about it being down.

14. Offline

o0AzzA0o

15. Offline

ledhead900

I thought a 1.7 only had the piston and door dupe, as far I read on the wiki it got the other issues cleared up. Bug list for 1.7.2 does not show any new dupes, last I checked and that was last night.

Edit:
    Nope nothing new that noted down :confused:
    Code:
    1.7.2     July 1, 2011

Bug Fixes:

Crashed worlds now work again.[1]
        Disappearing piston fixes.[2]
        Piston machine that duplicates blocks is now fixed.
        Pistons that caused crashing for multiplayer servers fixed.

New Bugs:

When the player opens the inventory while sleeping, the player appears sideways. (When the prior bug was pointing from the camera) 
    I did find it somewhat amusing that notch managed to botch up piston upgrade I mean common we have had pistons using ironblocks or others for ages now here on bukkit other than the SP mod and neither of those two things had none any dupe issues nor broke the game in any way by pushing blocks that it was " not happy with"

Actually I lie Bukkit Piston mod had an issue with falling sand cuasing in exception error but nothing major and it was fixed a version later so I won't really count that as a breaking game issue.

LoL in short
    SP/bukkit plugin
    Working with anyblock no issues

vs

Notchs: method worlds breaking on item pushing like saplings and grass using pistons

then later

16. Offline

o0AzzA0o

not sure what your rly saying here but i can show you the bug if you wish if you server has 1.7.2 and latest bukkit

17. Offline

The wiki is not 100% accurate. Rest assured, there is a dupe bug and it will be fixed.

18. Offline

Magesblood

You guys should really turn your servers off until the dupe exploit is fixed. The exploit is flying through the internet.

19. Offline

o0AzzA0o

20. Offline

Moparx

21. Offline

imjoe

Is the dupe glitch because of pistons? If so ill just get a piston blocker..

22. Offline

ledhead900

Nope I never update my server until Dinnerbone says so with the Reco builds I held back even after 1.7.2 even for some plugins and even coz I knew another update would come eaither from notch or bukkit to iron out something! I had a hunch :p.
    Ah ok well im not soo worried there is a dupe bug its not exactly stealing user accounts, but it is annoying and I will wait the only dupes on my server are ones I'm willing to let slide like in falsebook's glowstone toggle.

I know it will be fixed :), I'm happy to keep my server on 1.6.6 its running smooth right now. ah well I'm going back to toying with oblivion mods to get it working similar to skyrim until 11/11/11.

Good work thus far and keep up posted!

23. Offline

zcleaver

Crashes every 10 minutes?

24. Offline

imaxorz

My server keeps crashing after upgrade to CB 953

Show Spoiler

2011-07-01 18:41:11 [SEVERE] java.lang.NullPointerException
    2011-07-01 18:41:11 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.BlockFurnace.a(SourceFile:117)
    2011-07-01 18:41:11 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.TileEntityFurnace.g_(TileEntityFurnace.java:179)
    2011-07-01 18:41:11 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.World.cleanUp(World.java:1124)
    2011-07-01 18:41:11 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:447)
    2011-07-01 18:41:11 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:361)
    2011-07-01 18:41:11 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)
    2011-07-01 18:41:11 [SEVERE] Unexpected exception
    java.lang.NullPointerException
    at net.minecraft.server.BlockFurnace.a(SourceFile:117)
    at net.minecraft.server.TileEntityFurnace.g_(TileEntityFurnace.java:179)
    at net.minecraft.server.World.cleanUp(World.java:1124)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:447)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:361) at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)

Any one else getting anything like this? I see something about furnaces in the error, but I have no idea what it all means.

I've also made a thread here with all my server's information.

25. Offline

hochmaster

Man, you guys are awesome for making a fix this quickly! I dont know what I would do without you guys. Thankfully, everything works on my server; nothing broke. Keep up the awesomeness guys!
    :D

26. Offline

jaqwith

Thank you very much for the quick updates. MC 1.7.2/CB 953 runs fine here. It's just my test server, so the only plugins installed are:
    I noticed however, that dying sheep do not fire an EntityDeathEvent (org.bukkit.event.entity.EntityDeathEvent) anymore.

27. Offline

t1tanium

You do not need to wait because of the dupe glitch download WorlGuard and blacklist Pistons

28. Offline

growlizing

Thanks for the good work you put in!

29. Offline

rasco23

I get exactly the same crashes!

30. Offline

cyberjacob

you guys are epic

31. Offline

abdel

Dose this stop the server crash bug or not ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.