CraftBukkit for a really old version of Minecraft Beta 1.7.2!

Discussion in 'Bukkit News' started by Dinnerbone, Jul 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Dinnerbone Bukkit Team Member

THIS IS NOT AN UPDATE FOR MINECRAFT RELEASED IN OCT 2013

Show Spoiler

Update - July 1, 2011 at 3:01PM EST:
    Minecraft 1.7.2 contains a dupe exploit that will ruin your economy or could create other issues. We strongly recommend waiting for a fix from either Mojang or ourselves before updating.

---------------------------------------------------------

We're pleased to announce our fastest update ever, and we've just made our 1.7.2 compatible build of CraftBukkit available to download as a recommended build here.

For those who are interested, we had a 1.7 update ready for testing within 15 minutes of 1.7 being launched. That's compared to hours or even days we usually take! 1.7.1 was ready within 10 minutes, and 1.7.2 was ready in just under 10.

We'd like to thank you all for helping us test these out, and rest assured we're trying everything we can to make these even faster for the future!

2. Offline

coankid

Hope the RB will be there soon ;) I like you guys (No Homo) :D

3. Offline

DJ_Idol

@ledhead900

I agree with everything you're saying. I've always said Notch was lazy, etc. etc. but most people just got mad and said something like "Buht Notch maid MINECRAFTZZZ!" And then I didn't reply because I remembers most of the MC community is 14 year olds who didn't use THEIR money to pay for the game, and really only play single-player anyways.

I love that he adds new game features, but, with him always talking about having to get the game ready for official release soon, blah blah blah, you think 1.8 would be the "HUGE bug-fix, reworked code, fix servers, add MP mod-compatability" update, instead of the "HUGE adventure" update, which could always come in 1.9.

But, again, I feel like the money he has made from this game has made him lazy, which I can understand to a point. I look at it like, if I was to make a music album, release it on iTunes, and for 2+ years it was generating over a million dollars, I wouldn't be TOO motivated to make another, better one. But, at the same time, that cd wouldn't have been in BETA/ALPHA/etc. So, until notch releases a non-beta MC, he really should work harder than he does. He doesn't have a 2nd job, I doubt he has children or a wife (I may be wrong), so what's stopping him? E3? No. What's stopping him, is him. He'd rather play other video games, drink and party, and do other shit than take a few hours a day to work on MC. I mean, what's 2-3 hours per day of bugfixing? Shit, he could do 2 hours Mon-Fri and that would be fine. But 10 hours one day, 8 hours a few days later, it's more hurtful than helpful I'd think, I'm sure he gets tired after a few hours, gets lazy, sloppy with his coding, and here comes the bugs.

I love MineCraft, I'm glad Notch is still supporting it, but, he's doing it (IMO) very irresponsibly, and for a game that's made him/his company 1,000,000,000+, I think that's a LITTLE ridiculous.

Just saying.

ledhead900 and deseven like this.
  4. Offline

melis256

@ everyone above talking about Mc and Notch

I really think he should take his fat behind and start looking at what has been made by the comunity corewise in the light of things like "Optimine + Optifog" which graphics-/performancewise fixes many things and adds many others...
    ModLoader and ModLoaderMP which add what Notch to this point has not yet implemented.. he should prepare to add server mod transmission like we see in SourceEngine games like Garry's Mod.
    It is funny, the only hint, hint on putting the mods in a external folder like texture packs is just that, the button says "Mods and Texture Packs", right there in the main menu.
    As he released the game in pre-alpha state he should be better prepared to receive that inevitable coding help he knew he would get from the community even before the release of the final game.
    But as you all say... It was a hobby; that went commercial.

5. Offline

OrtwinS

About those wall of text alerts... why not try using spoilers :p?

6. Offline

JohnTheRipper

Ok, thanks, I think I'll wait a little longer for a possible RB, as I really don't want to add any more possible problems...

The RAM usage SUCKS with the current RB, as it quickly leaks and goes up to ridiculous sizes (I have a very powerful dedi that can handle ~75 slots, but since I only recently launched I've only been seeing up to 20 players online, and if I had more the RAM leaks would cause WAY too many problems, I can't wait for them to be fixed since this machine is great, but it can't do much when it's using all its RAM up xD).

7. Offline

ledhead900

I hear you, I have 4 gig of ram and never not once in MC history as it ever showed me "OUT OF RAM" Exceptions with my current java prarams until now. Shocked me as well as has never been an issue with less then 12 players online.

I could do but im going to use the excuse there was no button that said Spolier for tagging text I could have BBcoded it in but I don't feel I should hide behind a tag to express an opinion but I guess the 500 extra ms it would take to scroll down the page could annoy some people.

8. Offline

XRayted

9. Then how come the 1.8 update is taking so long?!?!?! I thought you had updates ready in <10 minutes? Its been days since 1.8 came out!

10. Offline

alexanderpas

because this version has new shit, not just expansions of old shit.

11. Offline

Phaedrus

There ARE working builds for 1.8, they just aren't recommended.

http://ci.bukkit.org/job/dev-CraftBukkit/changes

Use at your own risk. Make back ups and all that. Or just wait for a recommended.

If you do try them, report any bugs you find to help speed the process along.

Also, please don't necro post.

12. Offline

4am

1.8 builds have been availible as fast at about 9 hours from Minecraft's release, well before 1.8.1 came out. There are just some bug that need to be worked out - right now there is a nasty chest issue causing crashes, anda bug which players can use to hang clients (might be a bug in Minecraft itself).

I was running build 1152 last night and it was rather good - a friend of mine is running 1149 on his production server without problems (although it's a little private server for friends). The game is playable but with that chest bug still out there I'd use copies of your maps or play on new ones (the new caves/mineshafts are really good).

@EvilSeph and @Dinnerbone I know have both been working themselves silly (Dinnerbone did an overnight shift and felt a bit ill afterwards, EvilSeph seemed a bit groggy on IRC yesterday;)) and I'm sure there are contributions from other team members as well. Try out a dev build with an expendible map, and know that they just don't want to release a Recomended Build that has a chance of melting down on you and your players!

13. Offline

idealgamer

People really need to stop bugging the bukkit team for 1.8.1 build it will take a long as it takes just play vanilla for now or something i would download the un-recommended but Im with multiplay and i don't think they allow it just stop bugging them and let them work on it.

14. OK that makes sense. Ya I would rather have a relatively bug free bukkit than one that was rushed. And btw I know they promoted a recommended build for 1.8 now, so its ok anyway

15. Offline

4am

Just in time for 1.9 ;) (That's Mojang's doing though - but the team is already on it! Awesome!)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.