CraftBukkit 1.2.3-R0.1 is now available!

Discussion in 'Bukkit News' started by EvilSeph, Mar 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

EvilSeph

A new CraftBukkit Beta Build 1.2.3-R0.1 (#2034) that provides Minecraft 1.2.3 compatibility is now available. As always, please remember to backup your servers before updating, just in case.

Will plugins break with this build?
    Unless the plugin developers of your plugins have been keeping up with Bukkit development, plugins will most likely be broken due to the recent optimisation and cleaning of our code.

What is a Beta Build?
    A Beta Build is in between a developer build and a Recommended Build. These builds simply work and are promoted much more frequently than a Recommended Build. While we will do some testing before promoting a beta build, we will not be running it through our extensive test process. As such, there are no guarantees that they will not contain minor bugs. If we do find out they are broken, we will mark it as such on DLB and promote a new one. A beta build may contain incomplete API and new features but they should not interfere with running the build in any way.

Now that a beta has been promoted, we'll be working on new features, API and more fixes for a Recommended Build.

Known Issues:
    • Entities can't be interacted with after login (vanilla issue).
    • Strange chunk generation artifacts on the client.
    For more detailed information on what is contained in this update, please see the changelog here

Download CraftBukkit 1.2.3-R0.1 here

2. Offline

ShadowDrakken

Your plugins aren't going to automatically work because a recommended build comes out. The plugin developers have to update their plugins to the new API changes that have happened (which would be easier if the Bukkit team would let us know about them)

3. Offline

Deathfromace

Just wait...it's going to take a bit as three of the main bukkit guys have left (according to bukkit) so give it time as they are working on it as fast as they can.

4. Offline

Metrodude29

I always try to download this but when it finishes it disappeared and does nothing.
    Can anyone help:(

-[diamond]

5. Offline

herger

I can't even get the dang thing to run. I run it and it acts as though it isn't running >.> java is still running though. anyone know what's wrong?

6. Offline

igoRAWRRR

Ever since i transferred to 1.2.3 my server lags horribly. does anyone else have this problem? and if u dont or do could u try to help me? D:

7. Offline

Neonnicko

With this beta build, my javaw.exe takes up like 90% cpu almost all the time and I get the error

[Warning] Server Cannot Keep Up! Did the time Change or is the server overloaded?

And this occurs with no plugins installed, and even with no players joined.

Guess I'll have to wait for recommended build.

8. Offline

Celeo

The answer to your second question is if the plugin has not been updated since 1.1-R4 and is not currently working, there is a high chance that it will still not work when the Recommended Build comes out.

9. Offline

anarkie01

So i recently started having issues where my server wont save at all, or it gets really selective with what is saves. eg half a building or random chunks of it save. Any one else have this issue if so how to fix it?
    jst a note, it does save my player location

10. Offline

Radiokucker

Good job thank you

11. Offline

TnT

Locked as 1.2.3-R0.2 is out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.