converting to bukkit, or starting a completely new server?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by crayonsoup, Jul 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

pyraetos

Go to start again, type firewall but don't hit enter, then click Windows Firewall with Advanced Security then click inbound rules.

2. Offline

crayonsoup

alright. theres a bunch of stuff.

3. Offline

pyraetos

right, but its all nonsense! they just put it there to make people give up when its actually easy, so,
    Do this
    • Click New Rule on the right side
    • Click port then next
    • Make sure TCP is selected, then make sure Specific Local ports is selected, then type in 25565, then hit next
    • Then hit allow this connection, and next
    • Hit next again
    • Type something stupid for the name and description, then finish
    • BUT THATS NOT ALL!
    • Do the same thing again, except instead of making sure TCP is selected, select UDP.
    We might have to do this with outbound rules too, but see if you can log in after just doing this, and remmeber to fully restart your server each time too

4. Offline

crayonsoup

ok done. darn!! not working.

5. Offline

pyraetos

did it with outbound too, and left server-ip= in server properties blank withuot puttign anything?

6. Offline

crayonsoup

i will to the outband now

7. Offline

pyraetos

its prolly a little different, please make sure you selct ALLOW this connection, it wont be by default

8. Offline

crayonsoup

alright. got it. outbound is done... and.. nothing.

9. Offline

pyraetos

press ctrl alt delete, open up task manager, go to processes, list them in alphabetical order, find Java and Javaw, any of them may be open, and end them, then tell me what is in your .bat file when you start your server, dont start your server again

by again i mean until i see whats in your bat file lol

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2016
  10. Offline

crayonsoup

how do i see whats in my .bat file? is it just everything that comes up in the black box when i open it? wouldnt that start the server?

11. Offline

pyraetos

no, right blick and hit edit, and i actually have to go now, sorry :(

12. Offline

crayonsoup

darn! well heres what it says :

@ECHO OFF
    SET BINDIR=%~dp0
    CD /D "%BINDIR%"
    "%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Java\jre6\bin\java.exe" -Xincgc -Xmx1G -jar craftbukkit-0.0.1-SNAPSHOT.jar
    PAUSE

13. Offline

pyraetos

i came back for one more post. Try doing this, then starting the server.
    Completely delete everything in there, then put ONLY this line:
    Code:
    "%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Java\jre6\bin\java.exe" -Xmx1024M -Xms1024M -jar craftbukkit-0.0.1-SNAPSHOT.jar nogui

14. Offline

crayonsoup

thanks!! but sorry, man. didnt work either.. :(

15. Offline

crayonsoup

ok i think the bukkit server recognizes the server its trying to become as a used server. like theres already a server using the ip. but how can that be when i deleted everything from the last server?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.