Converting player database

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by TheOddPuff, Aug 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

TheOddPuff

Hello,

One of my plugins uses a player database that is one large folder with a .yml file for every player. Now the problem is that these files are saved as the playername. I need these files transferred to be saved as UUID. I don't know how to do this, for the convertion I will have to request about 80.000 uuid's from the mojang servers. Please help

2. Offline

TheMintyMate

Related topic, should help:
    https://forums.bukkit.org/threads/player-name-uuid-fetcher.250926/

Hope this helped,
    - Minty

3. Offline

TheOddPuff

TheMintyMate Thanks, but I had tried that tool already. It works, but after processing about 500 players, it suddenly blocks and all following UUID requests fail.

4. Offline

TheMintyMate

Hmmm, maybe ArrayList is reaching it's capabilities (possibly running out of memory...)
    Or (it is just an array)...
    - Minty

Edit: And i take it you looked at this when using this tool.

5. Offline

Rocoty

TheOddPuff Your problem is that Mojang has put a rate limit on calling their API so you cannot consistently call it without taking some breaks, which can be tedious and also makes the conversion take longer time. It is quite likely the only way, though. I suggest you put a sleep in your code every time it finds that it fails.

Hope I helped.

6. Offline

_Filip

It would be very possible to create a java program that creates the amount of threads required, each handling 500 uuids, with a different proxy for each one. Same basic principle as an account cracker, but all you're doing is converting UUIDs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.