Console Help!

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Webstersprings, Jan 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Webstersprings

Hello, people! I just started a bukkit server and I am having a problem with console. I typed "
    java -Xmx1024M -jar craftbukkit.jar -o true
    PAUSE"
    into the notepad thing, made a console but when I try to run console it says " ' java ' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program, or batch file." Can you please help me? Thank you!
    -Webster

Also, I would like to find out a way to OP myself through the "ops" files!

2. Offline

Cloak

Hey Webster, in my experience, "java" is searching for the default java path, and when it can't find it that usually means that the path it is searching to is not the actual location of java on your computer.

Try manually finding the location of java on your computer and replacing the word "java" with something like
    "C:/Program Files/Java/jdk1.8.0_11/bin/java.exe" <--- Insert your path to java.exe
    ^ include the quotes

I've had to do this many times on one of my older laptops because I had installed Java in a location other than the one it was looking for.

So again the part you want to replace is the word "java" on that first line you listed. See if that resolves the issue!

The easiest thing for making yourself OP would be to type "op playername" in the server after you run it. I'm fairly new to this too and I was looking at the result after typing this command in the OP file, and it looked hard to reproduce manually so I'm not sure if there is a better answer to your question.

3. Offline

Webstersprings

:O Thank ypu sooo0 much! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.