Client Player Passwords

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Beldanan, Jun 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Beldanan

Hi all

I know this is probably a basic question but what do I need to add to my set up to require players to log in with a password? A different client I'm guessing (the one I have doesnt ask for a password) but is that all? And which client do you recommend? Currently using the 1.2.5 client with launcher V12.2.

Currently running a Bukkit SMP server on home lan with 4 or 5 people logging in to play together. I just dont want them to be able to log into each others accounts and more particularly mine admin one.

Thanks in advance.

2. Offline

mbaxter ʇıʞʞnq ɐ sɐɥ ı

Nobody can log into your account except you. Just ensure you have online-mode=true in your server.properties to ensure nobody can log into your account name on your server.

3. Offline

McLuke500

I think he means that their account passwords are remembered so anyone in his house could hack each other so Authme would be a good idea even though it's ment for cracked servers it should work fine in online.

4. Offline

TheNoobWar

5. Offline

Beldanan

Thanks for the replies guys. Not sure if I havent explained something sufficiently or Im missing something basic. When we log in we dont use passwords. We just type in a user name and we are in. Im think this is a function of the client but maybe not. So theoretically the boys could just log in with my username if Im not looking and have full admin control. Its running on the home LAN and is set to online-mode=false. I thought you had to do this to stop it attempting authentication via the internet. Clients dont seem to see the server if that is set to true anyway. Im just after the client asking for a password for each user as they log in. Thanks again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.