Can't connect server in no-ip

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by hanif_fh, May 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

hanif_fh

I have a host in no-ip.org, the host is indocity.zapto.org. I have portforwarded my router, and I have tried these ways:
    1. I don't set the IP address in server.properties file. I can connect the server by typing localhost in Minecraft, but I can't connect the server by typing my IP address.
    2. I type my IP address (from No-IP DUC) in server.properties file, but when I try to start the server, it can't connect. The message is: ***FAILED TO BIND TO PORT*** [Warning] Perhaps a server is already running in that port?
    3. I type the host address in server.properties file. And the server can't connect with the same message.

2. Offline

TomYaMee

Leave blank for ip at server.properties
    no-ip is dns setup for other users to connect.. not you... you can only use 'localhost' or ur internal ip to connect

3. Offline

jacklin213

1) You can only log onto your server locally so using "localhost", "127.0.01" or you Internal Ip/ IPv4 which can be found in CMD with the command ipconfig.
    2) Leave your server-ip= empty , thats is for advance users.
    3) No-ip is a DNS it forwards your external ip which is what other people connect with

In summary:
    Leave server-ip= blank, log onto your server with "localhost" and give other people your external ip from http://whatsmyip.org or your DNS from no-ip

4. Offline

hanif_fh

How to check the server? Thanks for the information before.

5. Offline

jacklin213

Could you rephrase that ? How to check the server??

6. Offline

hanif_fh

Sorry for that. I mean, how to check that the server is online or offline?

7. Offline

jacklin213

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.