Bukkit,server, and plugin help

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by mattswimmer101, Dec 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

mattswimmer101

First off I know you have to pay to get bukkit, right?, im not sure if its free or u have to pay. Where do I find the page to get/buy bukkit server? after I get bukkit how do I install it and run the actual server? After I run the server I of coarse want to get plugins how do I get them and then how do I install them to work on my server? If you guys could help me with that that would be great.

2. Offline

Skionz

@mattswimmer101 http://wiki.bukkit.org/Setting_up_a_server
    Assuming you are talking about 'CraftBukkit' and not 'Bukkit,' you can't get an official build anymore due to a DMCA request. Don't know what that is? A quick google search will tell you. You do not have to pay to use Bukkit or CraftBukkit.

DrPyroCupcake likes this.
  3. Offline

mattswimmer101

@Skionz well I know how to get the server but where can I download it? and how do I get plugins into the server

@Skionz I found the download thing and it said unavailable for legal reasons

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2014
  4. Offline

Skionz

@mattswimmer101 As I have said before, you cannot download an official build. To get plugins simply drag the plugins jar file into the plugins folder.

5. Offline

mattswimmer101

@Skionz well then how am I supposed to get the whole bukkit stuff and where is the plugins folder

6. Offline

moe097

@mattswimmer101
    You don't get craftbukkit anymore because it is taken down. Your plugins folder is in your server directory.

7. Offline

DrPyroCupcake

8. Offline

Skionz

9. Offline

mattswimmer101

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 13, 2014
  10. Offline

tcvs

@mattswimmer101 You don't :/. You will have to either find someone to give it to you. Or find an alternate software to use. You have joined the community at a bad time.

11. Offline

MrEminent42

So there is this thing callea spigot...
    Spigotmc.org

12. Offline

tcvs

@awesone_ness Spigot is only really useful if you already have a copy of it.

13. Offline

MrEminent42

Thats true. Hopefully all the Developers update the plugins to be compatible with 1.8. Im sure you can google 'spigot 1.7.10 download info' and find a quick link - hint hint.

14. Offline

tcvs

@awesone_ness Ya a lot of developers are supporting 1.8 which includes myself. It is nice they allow the selection 1.8 in bukkit dev.

15. Offline

MrEminent42

@tcvs
    The only problem is the millions of plugins that devs wrote for 1.7.10, and marked abandoned/inactive, as they wondering be updated to support 1.8 :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.