Bukkit Help

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Speakmore, Jul 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Speakmore

What a ironic title ..? Anyways, hey everyone, I've just come back from a 2 year break in Minecraft. I was looking forward to potentially starting up a new server for people to come and play on. So instinctively, I came right on over to this site. I guess after some confusion (and still am confused... kind of) and a little digging, I've come to the conclusion that Bukkit is down/no longer in development due to the legal issue that I read. So how are servers running stuff right now? They're using Spigot or what? Thanks a bunch! Sorry if this question is silly, I am confused :]

Last edited: Jul 1, 2015
  2. Offline

oceantheskatr

No problem with being confused, it's good to ask :) If the server is on 1.8 or higher (up to 1.8.7 currently) then they're either using Spigot, or a version of Craftbukkit that Spigot is updating. If it's 1.7.10 or lower, then it's either Spigot or Craftbukkit (made by their own teams).

You can get updated versions of Spigot and Craftbukkit, and it's not too hard. I've made a video that's assisted many people with getting Spigot/Craftbukkit for 1.8 an higher.

Here's the link:

Speakmore likes this.
  3. Offline

Speakmore

Hey thanks a bunch! I'll make sure to check that one out.

4. Offline

oceantheskatr

No problem :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.