[Beta] TRAILS: Automatic Path/Trail/Road generation. Where will you go next?

Discussion in 'WIP and Development Status' started by ccrama, Aug 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

ccrama

[​IMG]

http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/trails/

WHAT IS IT?

Trails is a great RPG plugin that works on the premise that, in the real world, walking wears down trails and paths from dirt to stone, eventually. Trails aims to add this element to Minecraft by automatically creating trails, paths, and roads based on the use of a trail. The trail contents and wear passes are fully configurable, unlocking the possibilities for a number of different trails or uses on your server.
    The plugin even has Towny support to add extra control over where paths can form!

[​IMG]
    (Example Use)

CONFIG
    Beta version 0.5 will contain custom block support. At the moment, the only hierarchy is grass > dirt > gravel > stonebrick, and sand > sandstone > redsand. More info will be posted about it later!

PERMS & COMMANDS
    The plugin comes with one command,
    • /trails <on/off>
    • Perm: trails.off
    An alias for trails is paths

IF YOU WANT TO CONNECT THE PLUGIN TO TOWNY, DO THE FOLLOWING
    In the config, change HookTowny: to true. This will set trails to only form in the wilderness.

CONFIGURATION
    http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/trails/pages/config/ Visit here for config options.

TODO:
    *Custom paths: DONE
    *Infinite path lengths: DONE
    *Multi paths: DONE
    *In game path editing: PLANNING
    *Forcepath: PLANNING

ANYTHING ELSE?

Feel free to post bugs, feature requests, or ask questions here. I'll answer them ASAP!

Cheers,
    ccrama

user_90854156 and Datdenkikniet like this.
  2. Offline

Helldragger

I love this plugin! :D you had a really great idea! :3

3. Offline

ccrama

Thanks!

Also many people have been asking if it has only one trail or multiple, and the answer is as many as you would like. You can config each and every one with the type of block, the walks until decay of the block, and even the percent chance of spawning the block. It's all up to you!

4. Offline

Gater12

Very nice plugin!

5. Offline

ccrama

6. Offline

PandazNWafflez

ccrama Will this be open source when it's released? I'm really interested in how this works internally (in terms of how you track the change of blocks / store it, mostly)

7. Offline

ccrama

I'm thinking about it, but I'll say this. As you walk, the ID of the block behind you (if it matches any chain in the config) changes by 1. For example, if you had dirt, it would change to dirt:1. After it reaches the trigger number, it changes to the next block:0.

Cheers!

8. Offline

PandazNWafflez

ccrama In that case, is it only the block directly behind you that changes? From the GIF it appears that it's kinda in am small area but that could just because it's really sped up and you actually walked over loads of blocks :p

9. Offline

ccrama

PandazNWafflez its the block right under you. It only fires if you have moved one block in the x, y, or z direction.

10. Offline

PandazNWafflez

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.