Beta tester please

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by Cis112233, Dec 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Cis112233

I need someone to test my plugin in 1.7.2 or spigot 1.8.
    Just upload to server log on and kill another player. If no zombies appear with armor and stuff get error and post.
    Thanks
    <removed Mediafire link -ahamling27>

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2014
  2. Offline

Skionz

@Cis112233 Nobody is going to test your plugin for you. Why not do it yourself?

3. Offline

Webbeh

@Cis112233 We could help if you're hosting it on your server. Nobody is going to download a JAR from someone if the jar isn't tested. If you post your full source code, somebody MIGHT be kind enough to compile it himself and check on his server for you, but I wouldn't get my hopes up.

4. Offline

teej107

I did but decompiled it instead. The plugin does absolutely nothing! (apart from manually logging that it's enabled and disabled which is a waste of space.)

5. Offline

nverdier

And on top of that also has a bunch of unused crap.

6. Offline

Webbeh

Weren't there exploits that were totally hidden in the bytecode and in the decompiled code ?

7. Offline

teej107

@Webbeh Didn't see any in the decompiled code, but I'm not going to go too deep into a plugin that I'm not going to run anyway.

8. Offline

Webbeh

The exploits that are totally hidden in bytecode and decompiled code will clearly not show in your decompiled code. That's why you don't see any.

Even if it's not the case of that plugin, it COULD be that.

9. Offline

Rocoty

@Webbeh I would have thought, if such exploits were possible, Oracle would have fixed it a long time ago.

10. Offline

Skionz

@Rocoty I think they are talking about that issue with all of the decompilers.

11. Offline

Webbeh

12. Offline

Rocoty

@Webbeh @Skionz So not undetectable in bytecode then? I'm sure you understand why I was confused.

13. Offline

Skionz

@Rocoty Oh, yea it probably isn't undetectable in byte code although I have no idea; I skimmed the thread about it, but don't remember the specifics. I have a feeling this plugin isn't malicious though.

14. Offline

Webbeh

My mistake. Although they just decompiled it, and thus could still be hidden.

15. Offline

Rocoty

@Skionz Yes, it likely is. This is just too odd a request.

I'm gonna go ahead and say if it's not in the bytecode, it's not there at all.

Skionz likes this.
  16. Offline

Cis112233

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2014
  17. Offline

Rocoty

18. Offline

Skionz

19. Offline

Cis112233

@Rocoty whats wrong? I know basics but when eclipse doesn't tell errors i can't fix em

Not really. It spawns 3 ZP and gives them all armor.

@Skionz I don't want to use a for statement. Just the way i am going to set some stuff up later

20. Offline

Skionz

@Cis112233 I never said anything about control statements.
    It seems you know the basics of Bukkit, not Java. Your IDE can't magically fix logic errors. Maybe it will be able to in the future, but now it seems almost impossible.

21. Offline

Rocoty

No. The code you gave us really wouldn't.

What in the world could you possibly have planned for the future to justify writing the same statement 3 times over rather than using a loop?

22. Offline

Funergy

How are you sure it spawns the zombie. You said you havent tested it. so how do you know?

23. Offline

Cis112233

@Skionz spawn on in a way. I know coding but not much java.

@Rocoty soon when i add a wanted level i CANNOT use that. I am going to have mixed mobs with mixed items and stuff.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2016
  24. Offline

Rocoty

Oh. In that case click the link I sent you. You'll be much better off after going through that. :)

25. Offline

Cis112233

the .spawn thing spawns them

@Rocoty yeah most likely.
    I am used to JS not Java so yeah... I did however know the HUGE difference :)

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2016
  26. Offline

Skionz

@Cis112233 The .spawn thing is a known as a method. You don't need to execute the code 3 times in a row. It makes no difference except it makes your program 3x slower and look awful. On another note, thank you for knowing that JavaScript and Java are not the same thing and that they are completely different :)

27. Offline

Cis112233

Besides what is wrong with my code?

So it doesn't spawn 3 PZ's?

28. Offline

Skionz

@Cis112233 Just looked at your code again and I apologize. You need to make a for loop and a method for spawning and creating your mobs. You also cannot compare Strings with the '==' operator. You need to use Object#equals(Object), or String#equalsIgnoreCase(String) instead.

29. Offline

Cis112233

Doesn't what i am doing make 3 PZ spawn and store their info into the variable?

@Skionz you mean String.equalsIgnoreCase(String) XD

30. Offline

Rocoty

@Cis112233 And you need to uncomment the line which registers your events. (And you should really DRY out that code and SLAP it. You know, make it all sort of SOLID.)

Last edited: Dec 18, 2014
    Skionz likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.