Best permissions plugin?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Discussion' started by thexcal, Feb 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

thexcal

i have GroupManager but it sucks some kid just joined and used WE and /nuke
    Just want to know what to replace it with?

2. Offline

ReRRemi

In my case, I have everything I need with PermissionsEx. I tested bPermissions but it's impossible to prevent the guest to modify world. So PermissionsEx is the best!

3. Offline

thexcal

I have downloaded bperm but i have WE and WG for protection will that work?

4. Offline

codename_B

You need dev version WE/WG for it to work but yes

5. Offline

zipron

All permission plugins have their good and bad points. Here is what I think:
    essentials GM/bpermissions: very easy to set up. you only need to understand YAML syntax (which is very easy), adding permission nodes and you're done. The problem I have with these plugins is that they don't give you the possibility to protect things you want to. I suggest you use worldedit and worldguard if you want to use one of these.

PermissionsEX: a very good, multi-functional permission plugin. It has a lot of features (together with modifyWorld and chatManager) which can also make things a bit confusing. Although in my opinion, PEX is the best permission plugin at the moment, and you're sure you have an up-to-date plugin. (EGM is a bit old)

I've written a guide for both EGM and PEX, check out the links in my sig =)
    zip

6. Offline

mbaxter ʇıʞʞnq ɐ sɐɥ ı

I personally suggest bPermissions to users of my plugins because I don't get complaints about it from users of my plugins.

7. Offline

Snipes01

Aw come on now...PEX has to be the easiest. Well I think. GM is not at all something I recommend as it seems to complicate things.

8. Offline

thexcal

im using PEX love it so far but i cant a get a prefix to stick to a group
    Owner:
    default: false
    permissions:
    - '*'
    inheritance:
    - admin
    info:
    prefix: '&4'
    build: true
    suffix: ''
    any help?

9. Offline

zipron

don't add the "info" property, suffix is a property on it's own, that's why I said PEX is more difficult, because it's different. also space by four spaces in stead of two and don't forget the : after groups (it's groups, not group). Also "build" isn't a property. If you want people denying from build, I reccomand using modiyWorld or worldguard/blacklist. Again, check the guide in my signature =)

Code:
    groups:
        Owner:
            default: false
            permissions:
            - '*'
            inheritance:
            - admin
            prefix: '&4'
            suffix: ''

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.