An Updated Economy Plugin

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by daBenster96, Oct 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

daBenster96

Plugin category: Economy (Base)

Suggested name: Economy+

What I want: I host a small server that is looking to expand and which is based heavily on an economy system. I have used BOSEconomy for the past two years or so, but it is infrequently updated and lacks features I would like to see in an Economy plugin. I would also like a more controllable banking system, one with more features than just the ability to store money.

For example, BOSEconomy has a decent banking system, but I have always enjoyed dynamic marketing. Banks in real life (although not recently) give incentives to deposit: As a customer, you earn interest over time, gain the ability to take out loans, and so on. I would like to see an interest system and a loan system implemented into the bank, something that is configurable i.e. interest percentages, rates, ect.

I would also like a physical means of exchanging currency. For example, plugins like SignShop and Sign Bank (a personal favorite) allow for exchange of currency through signs.With banks, a bank and an ATM can also be established. An ATM is a bank with a usage fee, configurable in the config.

Even though these plugins still function, they haven't been updated in a while, and with every passing update more features become unavailable due to incompatibilities. Of course, implementation into Vault is almost a requirement.

T.L;D.R: Make an economy plugin with a text file all of the players wallets are saved to, create a more dynamic banking system than has been previously seen in other plugins (BOSEconomy), and give this accessibility through signs and items in the game rather than commands.
    Player commands:
    /money- A command to view currency
    /econ - alias for other commands / info command
    • /econ buy - change a shop to buy mode
    • /econ sell - change a shop to sell mode
    • /econ interest - view current interest rates
    • /econ debt - view debt and the rate at which it must be payed off.
    Admin Commands:
    /money {player} - The ability to view others currencies. (Default OP)
    /econ admin - brings up help page
    • /econ admin interest {percentage} - Set interest by percentage
    • /econ admin set {player} {amount} - set a players account balance
    • /econ admin add {player} {amount} - Adds {amount} to {player} account balance
    • /econ admin sub {player} {amount} - subtracts {amount} from {player} account balance.
    • /econ admin debt set{player} {amount} - set {amount} debt of {player}
    • /econ admin debt add {player} {amount} - adds {amount} debt to {player}
    • /econ admin debt sub {player} {amount} - subtracts {amount} debt from {player}
    • /econ admin bypass - an admin shop bypass command, allowing anyone with the permission node to open up shop inventories.
    Ideas for implementation:
    Admin
    • Bank created on signs with [Bank] on first line
    • ATM's created with [ATM] on first line
    Ideas for permissions:

• economy+.* - all command permissions
    • economy+.player - all player permissions
      • economy+.econ
      • economy+.buy
      • economy+.sell
      • economy+.interest
      • economy+.debt
    • economy+.admin.*
      • economy+.admin.help - /econ admin help command
      • economy+.admin.interest
      • economy+.admin.set
      • economy+.admin.add
      • economy+.admin.sub
      • economy+.admin.debtset
      • economy+.admin.debtadd
      • economy+.admin.debtsub
    When I'd like it by: No specific date, just as soon as possible. I want this to be a dynamic, well made economy plugin.

2. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

Jellal2409 likes this.
  3. Offline

daBenster96

4. Offline

5. Offline

daBenster96

timtower Well if Economy+ hooks into Vault, QuickShop would presumably work with the currency. It'd be redundant to create a plugin that did the same as QuickShop; instead, Economy+ could link to QuickShop and less coding would have to be done.

6. Offline

daBenster96 No need to recreate QuickShop as I just updated the old one. It works with any currency with Vault.
    That is the beauty of Vault, pretty much all economy plugins hook into it and are compatible with each other.
    QuickShop has no economy of its own though. BOSconomy will do the trick there

7. Offline

daBenster96

timtower Yes, and if Economy+ links through Vault, it could potentially be a replacement for the outdated BOSEconomy. To be honest, I was surprised there weren't any other forum posts asking for a new base economy plugin like BOSEconomy or iConomy. There are tons of plugins that add in external banks and shops, but there are very few plugins that actually handle currency itsself.

8. Offline

daBenster96 Because plugins like that don't need many updates. Try Economy+, pretty sure that it links.
    Economy plugins barely use the Bukkit API, you can make a good one and then not needing to update for months if not years.

9. Offline

daBenster96

timtower I see what you're saying. So, based on my description of the plugin i'm suggesting, what are your opinions on it? Do you think it would be a waste of time to make, or do the new features like debt and interest give the plugin a purpose?

10. Offline

daBenster96 debt is a bad idea in my opinion, economy plugins won't allow you to buy stuff when you don't have any money anyways.

11. Offline

daBenster96

timtower If this economy plugin were to run in tangent with a player driven economy and a plugin like Hero Stronghold, I believe then the debt system could work out. Players can take out a loan from the bank (a configurable amount as maximum and a configurable interest on the loan) and use this money to create a faction, town, or any other variation of a protections plugin like Towny, Factions, or the already named Hero Stronghold. This player would then be able to make money using the land that they have purchased using the debt and would be able to pay this debt off over time. The amount of debt would be configurable because if you have a dynamic economy, like one that is player driven or one that adjusts prices based on buying and selling rates, players can create imbalances within the economy to "economy grief" per se. Loans would also be optional; you could also instead go out, play minecraft and collect materials to sell to the economy. This way, it gives another option to players who don't necessarily want to make money mining.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.