[Advanced] How to generate island in an ocean world on command.

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by ThatCoffeeBean, Dec 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

ThatCoffeeBean

This is a plugin that i am wanting to start but im unsure how to do it. Does anyone know how to generate island and have the player teleported to it on command?

2. @ThatCoffeeBean Yet again, this is one of those situations where a million answers could occur.
    Depends on what type of island you're looking for, because if you want a plain flat grass island, you can use a block iterator from the ground up until you hit air, or the air down until you hit water. From there, you have your location to teleport to and your starting block for creating your island. Making a flat island is as simple as using a for loop and looping the area while setting the air as whatever block.

3. Offline

ThatCoffeeBean

Sorry but i have no idea where to start.
    This is why im asking for help! @DJSkepter

I will need it so each player gets their own island. So they are spaces away from each other across the world

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2016
  4. Offline

xTrollxDudex

@ThatCoffeeBean
    You could use a height map based on a 3D sin/cos graph, and increase the amplitude and decrease the frequency to make it more island like and farther apart.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.