Application RemoteToolkit - Restarts + crash detection + auto saves + remote console!

Discussion in 'Bukkit Tools' started by drdanick, Jan 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

drdanick

Minecraft RemoteToolkit
    -Less downtime, more fun for your players, more power to you!

Are you a Minecraft server administrator? Do you value up-time and stability? Do you fancy the ability to remotely control your server, both in-game and out of game, in a myriad of useful ways from a plethora of different devices?
    If you answered yes to any of the above, then the Minecraft RemoteToolkit is for you!

What the Minecraft RemoteToolkit Plugin and Wrapper do for you:
    • Provides almost perfect server uptime with no need for action from an owner/administrator!
    • Have your server save and restart at any time period with configurable restart warnings!
    • The Toolkit guarantees a restart within the set restart period, even if your server crashes, becomes unresponsive, or encounters a "SEVERE" exception!
    • Remotely control every function of the Toolkit, even from your smart phone!
    • Full remote console access via telnet with support for multiple terminal types!
    • Telnet daemon conforms to current Telnet related RFCs!
    • Customizable alert messages!
    • Fully extendable though 3rd party modules!
    • Full feature set works with most craftbukkit builds!
    • Most features work with any Minecraft server variation, even vanilla!
    • Telnet can be disabled!
    For server administrators
    Download - Release 10, Alpha 15.3 [CB 1.7.2-R0.2] (wget friendly)
    Instructions & Documentation

For developers
    UDP API REV 8 | Documentation
    Module API | Coming soon!

For everyone
    Official IRC channel
    #remotetoolkit @ irc.esper.net

"Help! I've downloaded it, but I do not know how to get it working!"
    Stop! Before you give up or ask for help, make sure you have read the step-by-step installation instructions on the wiki page. If you are still having problems, please do not be hesitant to post a request for help on this thread or in the IRC channel - no matter how simple your problem seems.

Todo

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Any donation would be very much appreciated. I'm but a poor University student, and I sacrifice quite a lot of unpaid time to keep the Toolkit updates and support flowing.

Thank you to the following who have chosen to support the Toolkit through a donation:
    Deren909, marshall007, Vittek, clanslots, meee, KyneSilverhide, szoller, hungoverfurball, Lama_0, Viet, acc1dent, joby890, Liger_XT5

Last edited: May 6, 2017
  2. Offline

drdanick

The toolkit will work with any server modification or vanilla server (or actually, any program at all if you wanted). Just change minecraft-server-jar in wrapper.properties to reflect the name of your server's jar file.

Oh, obviously in-game-triggered restarts and custom kick messages, which are part of the included bukkit plugin, will not work with another server mod. But apart from that, everything else will work fine.

3. Offline

cyberbobjr

Hi Doctor :)
    I have a little problem : when i send a command "forcestop" through UDP protocol (i use a php script), nothing happens.
    All the other commands works correctly (version, restart, forcerestart,etc.)
    Thanks for your help

4. Offline

LucidLethargy

Very cool! Although without trying this it seems strange... Simpleserver for me needs to be launched via "./launch.sh" command in order for the map backups to work, and if I launched or restarted my server via the web front with this wrapper, wouldn't it only restart bukkit? That being said, I don't suppose there could be a way to have RemoteToolkit trigger ./launch.sh?

Anywayy if I can restart my server even without simpleserver on the go (at least until I get home to start it) it's well worth it for me, I just want to understand it before I slap this on my server :p

5. Offline

Duh102

I tried this as well, and I'm getting a class not found error.
    Code:
    Feb 17, 2011 6:38:03 PM net.wimpi.telnetd.net.PortListener run
    INFO: Listening to Port 25,561 with a connectivity queue size of 5.
    java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/bukkit/craftbukkit/Main
    Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.bukkit.craftbukkit.Main
            at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
            at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
            at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
            at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
            at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
            at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
    Could not find the main class: org.bukkit.craftbukkit.Main.  Program will exit.
    and in case you want it, my wrapper.properties file
    Code:
    minecraft-server-jar=craftbukkit.jar
    severe-exception-detection-level=2
    server-saveall-period=1h
    maximum-heap-size=1024M
    import-properties=false
    server-restart-delay=5h
    restart-on-severe-exception=false
    server-arguments=nogui
    overridden-process-arguments=
    server-restart-alerts=10m,5m,1m
    forced-restart-delay=5m
    initial-heap-size=1024M
    extra-runtime-arguments=-cp,BiomeBukkit.jar\:craftbukkit.jar,org.bukkit.craftbukkit.Main,-o

6. Offline

datLicht

don't know what I'm doing wrong...

when I start the Server without RKit it is binding to Port but when starting with RKit this Message:

Code:
    Minecraft Remote Toolkit V1.0_b17_1 ALPHA
    Initializing...
    Loading toolkit properties...Done.
    Wrapper is running on: Linux 2.6.26-2-amd64 amd64
    Starting wrapper...
    Starting UDP listen server on port 25561
    Feb 18, 2011 1:05:15 AM net.wimpi.telnetd.net.PortListener run
    INFO: Listening to Port 25,561 with a connectivity queue size of 5.
    2011-02-18 01:05:16 [INFO] Starting minecraft server version Beta 1.2_01
    2011-02-18 01:05:16 [INFO] Loading properties
    2011-02-18 01:05:16 [INFO] Starting Minecraft server on *:25565
    2011-02-18 01:05:21 [WARNING] **** FAILED TO BIND TO PORT!
    2011-02-18 01:05:21 [WARNING] The exception was: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: method java.net.ServerSocket.setPerformancePreferences with signature (III)V was not found.
    2011-02-18 01:05:21 [WARNING] Perhaps a server is already running on that port?

7. Offline

kymaster

Wow I'm surprised. I actually got this to work.
    Everything runs perfect, also love the restart feature.
    Thank you so much! [​IMG]

8. Offline

2or0

Thanks for making such a great toolkit. Three requests
    ssh as an option instead of telnet [would love to do with keys]
    A two plugin folders allowing flipflopping between them on restarts. Or just move some jars around ex Install folder to primary branch primary branch to backup branch [I would like to stage my plugin installation]
    A log roll changer. [currently unable to get server log while server is running]

9. Offline

drdanick

Odd, I will look into it.

Setting overridden-process-arguments to either launch.sh or ./launch.sh should work.

Set overridden-process-arguments to:
    Code:
    java -Xmx1024M -Xms1024M -cp BiomeBukkit.jar:craftbukkit.jar org.bukkit.craftbukkit.Main

Very strange. I will look into it.

SSH is somewhat difficult. I did look into it, and I have not found any decent SSH daemons for java. I will look a little harder.
    It should not be hard to flipflop between two plugin folders, I will look at adding it.
    The log roll changer is an option I was looking to add for a few days now. I'll have a look at getting it in soon.

10. Offline

Duh102

Worked like a charm, thanks.

11. Offline

XeoVegaS

I use an hoster 'rosxervers' for my minecraft server and I don't have bin/ directory and I'm not allowed to upload rtoolkit.bat. How I do ?

12. Offline

drdanick

What's the nearest directory you can upload to?

13. Offline

XeoVegaS

dedicated21.roxservers.com port 25622/ is the first directory and then I have the craftbukkit.jar, the lwc.db, je plugin folder etc...

14. Offline

drdanick

Well, the .bat (or .sh) just needs to be in the same directory as craftbukkit.jar, so just upload it there.

15. Offline

XeoVegaS

Ok but I'm not allowed to put .bat in server directory because of the hoster. So the .sh and .bat are equal, I can put just .sh ?

16. Offline

drdanick

Well, no. One is a batch file, the other is a shell script. They perform similar scripted functions on windows and linux respectively. The catch on linux is that you need to give the file permission to be executed.

In your situation, it might be easier to either contact your provider to set this up, or rename your current craftbukkit jar to something else, rename the toolkit jar to craftbukkit.jar, and then change minecraft-server-jar to reflect your new bukkit jar name.

17. Offline

XeoVegaS

For example : I rename craftbukkit.jar to craftbikkit_temp.jar
    And after I have Minecraft_RKit.jar in first directory and MinecraftRKitPlugin.jar in plugin directory. What else I have to rename ?

18. Offline

drdanick

Well, you would have to rename Minecraft_RKit.jar to craftbukkit.jar. and set minecraft-server-jar to craftbukkit_temp.jar

Does your provider allow you to change any of the launch command parameters or better yet, the entire command itself? If so, then it's just a matter of launching Minecraft_RKit.jar in place of craftbukkit.jar (no renaming required)

19. Offline

XeoVegaS

No I'm not allowed to change the launch command.

20. Offline

drdanick

Hm, are you allowed to change any of the parameters at all, such as the allocated memory for instance? If you can't, this is probably not going to work. You don't want to be allocating much memory to the wrapper.

21. Offline

XeoVegaS

I can't too

22. Offline

minidrekk

Does this makes your server uptime 24/7 ?

23. Offline

drdanick

You're going to have to send an email to your provider about this. There is little I can do.

Well, almost. The toolkit minimizes downtime by utilizing both periodical restarts and restarts on severe exceptions that would usually cause your server to crash/hang. It also allows the server to be controlled remotely by both viewing the full console over telnet and controlling key functions via the UDP API.

24. Offline

crazydog

I'm having a strange issue with this and LWC, although I'm not entirely sure who to blame.

When using this wrapper, LWC loads its config file "Loaded 9 config entries", and then the console just stops.

If I hit enter, everything continues just fine.

If I remove this wrapper, this issue doesn't occur.

25. Offline

drdanick

What OS are you using and does this problem occur without that plugin?

26. For some reason when i type "stop" in terminal, to stop the server completely, the toolkit simply restarts it.
    just "pulling the plug" on it seems like a bad thing, so how do i actually shut it down, since "stop" doesn't do it anymore

27. Offline

drdanick

Using .stopwrapper will work. You might also want to have a look at .help for a list of other wrapper specific commands.

28. Offline

crazydog

XP x86. Occurs without LWC.

29. Offline

drdanick

XP support is very dodgy at the moment. I am working on it.
    Out of curiosity, how many times to you need to press enter for the server to continue booting, and how much is printed to the CMD window before it hangs?

30. Offline

crazydog

Just once.

Here's a grab of the window.
    [​IMG]

I know XP's not so great. I have a new CPU coming for my server today, so I think I'm gonna set up a VM running Mine OS.

31. Offline

Incendia

Uh, can you let us set what time it should restart? I want to restart mine at 5am every day, but this only allows me to set it to restart every 24 hours from when the server last launched.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.