Inactive [ADMIN] MC Server GUI .9.7 (cross-platform) - A GUI wrapper for your server (now w/in-game cmds)

Discussion in 'Bukkit Tools' started by dumptruckman, May 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

dumptruckman

My BukkitDev Profile
    My Plugins (11)
    dev.bukkit.org profile:
    CFUSERNAME
    My Plugins (CFCOUNT)
    Minecraft account:
    MCUSERNAME
    Ok, as I thought, you are using bukkit, so you must include -Djline.terminal=jline.UnsupportedTerminal in your custom command line. That's what it adds when you click the "Bukkit" check box. The terminal i/o doesn't function correctly without that. Just put it somewhere after java and before -jar.

And no, for a daily backup (at 12 am) just leave the timing exactly as it sets it default and click backup and set your warnings. That's it. The default setting is for every day at 12am. Setting hour to 0 and checking again every 23 means it will happen at 12am and again at 11 pm. After that i'm not quite sure how it would proceed, it would either do it again at 12am or perhaps the next would be at 10pm.

2. Offline

ledhead900

dev.bukkit.org profile:
    CFUSERNAME
    My Plugins (CFCOUNT)
    Minecraft account:
    MCUSERNAME
    well that does not make sense lol but ok.
    so 0 24 that seems like 24hrs to me but default works in that case my whole schedual set up is retartedly wrong.

as I have restarts set for 5 hours each I assumed would be 0- 5 and check have ALL checked. Maybe it is easier to just remove everything but the reuccuring hour or min boxes lol.

3. Offline

dumptruckman

My BukkitDev Profile
    My Plugins (11)
    dev.bukkit.org profile:
    CFUSERNAME
    My Plugins (CFCOUNT)
    Minecraft account:
    MCUSERNAME
    Perhaps I can reword it to make more sense... From what I can see in your config file, your "Automated restarts" happen at 12am, 5am, 10am, 3pm, 8pm, and then I imagine they repeat like that every day. If you just want to use specific hours, set the first hour box to 0,5,10,15,20. That will cause it to occur on those hours, then you can leave the other hours options alone.

You "Save worlds" event happens every 2 hours on the even hours. The daily backup one is the only one i question.

Edit: I'm going to rethink the setup in the next version.

4. Offline

ledhead900

dev.bukkit.org profile:
    CFUSERNAME
    My Plugins (CFCOUNT)
    Minecraft account:
    MCUSERNAME
    hmmm still confused see It reads as if you leave all boxes alone but the hours box that it would reccur every amount hours that box has in it as thats all I want it do. In that case my restarts are fine every 5 hours lol.

As for backup I just want it every 24hr I don't care for specific times and I did not plan to calculate for them I just hoped to punch 23 or 24 into the hour box set all days leave it alone the schedular is handy and very usable but for my case I don't somthing going of at specific time at least not for those events I just want as stated and maybe have it force save worlds eveyr 30m or something.

oh and save worlds has not tooltip so I took a gamble thinking it was to do a save all once in a while.

5. Offline

dumptruckman

My BukkitDev Profile
    My Plugins (11)
    dev.bukkit.org profile:
    CFUSERNAME
    My Plugins (CFCOUNT)
    Minecraft account:
    MCUSERNAME
    Ahh yeah, I forgot to add that tooltip in. Check this out:
    [​IMG]

6. Offline

ledhead900

dev.bukkit.org profile:
    CFUSERNAME
    My Plugins (CFCOUNT)
    Minecraft account:
    MCUSERNAME
    hmm that makes more sense so I would simply just set the "and again every" hour to what ever I wanted leave the other side alone and t days of weekand month to all then set my broadcasts ?.

So for example If I wanted to to save all id put in the Hours 1 so for every 1 hours
    it would force save all.

I suppose i could use Minute instead as 30 leave hours blank. tick the again box for minute.

Edit:

Oh yea you said leave it all blank for 24hrs repeating the thing does not say that lol and it does not seem obviouse it will since all boxs have nothing in them when I start it.

7. Offline

dumptruckman

My BukkitDev Profile
    My Plugins (11)
    dev.bukkit.org profile:
    CFUSERNAME
    My Plugins (CFCOUNT)
    Minecraft account:
    MCUSERNAME
    I'm not sure I follow... If you want something to repeat every hour, just check All for hours and leave everything else alone. If you want every 30 minutes, put 0 for minutes and check again every 30 and ALSO select ALL for hours.

8. Offline

ledhead900

dev.bukkit.org profile:
    CFUSERNAME
    My Plugins (CFCOUNT)
    Minecraft account:
    MCUSERNAME
    Right so It seems to work fine now but just to check with you to look over it once more

I got backups set for 24hrs as u said to leave it all alone I just checked for all months and days.
    I got Restarts for every 5h and world save all every 30m.

Restart annunce should be 1min - 30sec - 10sec and remain down for 30s
    Backups should be : 30min - 5min - 10sec

Tho I haev noticed that its not updating when I click update I must re create a new event from scratch to make changes to the times. Noticed this with the 30min saveall it would not let me adjust that since it had not announces.

http://pastebin.com/7KHNYTF3

9. Offline

BigRenegade

dev.bukkit.org profile:
    CFUSERNAME
    My Plugins (CFCOUNT)
    Minecraft account:
    MCUSERNAME

To get a 24 hour time period select the first box in hours and place in there the time you want it to do the back up (0 for midnight, 1 for 1am, 13 for 1 pm, and so on). Then down below you select All for Day of Month and All for Months. This will have it repeat every day at the time specified.

10. Offline

dumptruckman

My BukkitDev Profile
    My Plugins (11)
    dev.bukkit.org profile:
    CFUSERNAME
    My Plugins (CFCOUNT)
    Minecraft account:
    MCUSERNAME
    Yeah, they all look right. I'm not sure what you're saying exactly but I think I may know what you're talking about... It's a bug that I was kind of anticipating, i'll see what I can do..

11. Offline

ledhead900

dev.bukkit.org profile:
    CFUSERNAME
    My Plugins (CFCOUNT)
    Minecraft account:
    MCUSERNAME
    cheers but I got it sorted left it as 0 and just ticked and again then set all days and months.

12. Offline

BigRenegade

dev.bukkit.org profile:
    CFUSERNAME
    My Plugins (CFCOUNT)
    Minecraft account:
    MCUSERNAME
    When you edit the Save-All Event you have to re-check the Save-All radio button, then it will update.

@dumptruckman

That is one small bug I have noticed. If you edit any other type of event the selected option radio button will remain ticked except for the Save All. For some reason every time you edit it the radio button is unticked and you have to re-tick it.

13. Offline

ledhead900

dev.bukkit.org profile:
    CFUSERNAME
    My Plugins (CFCOUNT)
    Minecraft account:
    MCUSERNAME
    What I mean is

I set minute to 0 "andagain" 30

Press create. Now lets say I forgot to tick "All" for hours I re open my schedual and tick "ALL" then press "Update"
    It does not update when I close and re open it has reverted I need to delete and start over.

This happens when I have no announcements set to go off that need updating.

There is no save-all in the schedualar section it just has Update and Close at least for me. its never greyed out tho jut does nothing u only modify the times and not add any new announcements.

14. Offline

BigRenegade

dev.bukkit.org profile:
    CFUSERNAME
    My Plugins (CFCOUNT)
    Minecraft account:
    MCUSERNAME

Which version are you using? 5.0 has a Save Worlds (this is the Save All - my bad for not remembering this initially). It isn't necessary to create a command event to run Save-All. Also you don't need to re-create it, just re-check the Save Worlds radio button and it will update.

15. Offline

ledhead900

dev.bukkit.org profile:
    CFUSERNAME
    My Plugins (CFCOUNT)
    Minecraft account:
    MCUSERNAME
    ah ok im running 5.0 I created a event to save worlds each 30min.

since I run that performance tweak mod that greatly reduces this time I still wanted it forced every xx time tho.

16. Offline

BigRenegade

dev.bukkit.org profile:
    CFUSERNAME
    My Plugins (CFCOUNT)
    Minecraft account:
    MCUSERNAME
    That will do it. I have mine doing a Save Worlds every 15, Back Up every Hour and restart every 6 hours. :)

17. Offline

iCore

dev.bukkit.org profile:
    CFUSERNAME
    My Plugins (CFCOUNT)
    Minecraft account:
    MCUSERNAME
    Hmmpf
    A window appear and it's write : "Unable to acces jarfile mcservergui.jar"

i Don't understand because mcservergui.jar is in the good path :(

18. Offline

Multivan

dev.bukkit.org profile:
    CFUSERNAME
    My Plugins (CFCOUNT)
    Minecraft account:
    MCUSERNAME
    @dumptruckman

so, if i click on Start Server, it says this:
    http://www.abload.de/img/servergehtnicht7hny.png

and after 50 seconds, nothing. just

Code (Text):
    1. 148 recipes
    2. 16 achievements
    //edit: and if i click on "Save Worlds", this come:(Its the full code)
    Code (Text):
    1. 148 recipes
    2. 16 achievements
    3. 2011-06-11 11:39:21 [INFO] Starting minecraft server version Beta 1.6.6
    4. 2011-06-11 11:39:21 [INFO] Loading properties
    5. 2011-06-11 11:39:21 [INFO] Starting Minecraft server on 5.170.214.160:83
    6. 2011-06-11 11:39:21 [WARNUNG] **** SERVER IS RUNNING IN OFFLINE/INSECURE MODE!
    7. 2011-06-11 11:39:21 [WARNUNG] The server will make no attempt to authenticate usernames. Beware.
    8. 2011-06-11 11:39:21 [WARNUNG] While this makes the game possible to play without internet access, it also opens up the ability for hackers to connect with any username they choose.
    9. 2011-06-11 11:39:21 [WARNUNG] To change this, set "online-mode" to "true" in the server.settings file.
    10. 2011-06-11 11:39:21 [INFO] This server is running Craftbukkit version git-Bukkit-0.0.0-823-gb9d0b04-b860jnks (MC: 1.6.6)
    11. 2011-06-11 11:39:21 [INFO] Preparing level "world"
    12. 2011-06-11 11:39:21 [INFO] Preparing start region for level 0

19. Offline

dumptruckman

My BukkitDev Profile
    My Plugins (11)
    dev.bukkit.org profile:
    CFUSERNAME
    My Plugins (CFCOUNT)
    Minecraft account:
    MCUSERNAME
    Hmm, mcservergui.jar is in the same location as guilauncher.bat?

Is the Bukkit checkbox checked under Server Config?

20. Offline

iCore

dev.bukkit.org profile:
    CFUSERNAME
    My Plugins (CFCOUNT)
    Minecraft account:
    MCUSERNAME
    Yes of course :)

21. Offline

dumptruckman

My BukkitDev Profile
    My Plugins (11)
    dev.bukkit.org profile:
    CFUSERNAME
    My Plugins (CFCOUNT)
    Minecraft account:
    MCUSERNAME
    Interesting... So has the program still not started at all? Has it created a guiconfig.json file? If so, can you post it on www.pastebin.com? I'm guessing it hasn't though... One thing you could try is including the full path to mcservergui.jar in the guilauncher.bat. Also, you could simply double click mcservergui.jar... The only reason you need to use the launcher is to get cpu/mem/networking info (and you may not actually need to do that, in some cases.) So, try that... If that still doesn't work try doing JUST this in the guilauncher.bat:
    Code (Text):
    1. "C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\java.exe" -Djava.library.path=./nativelibs -jar mcservergui.jar
    (Notice it's java.exe and not javaw.exe.) That could reveal any errors that could be happening.

22. Offline

iCore

dev.bukkit.org profile:
    CFUSERNAME
    My Plugins (CFCOUNT)
    Minecraft account:
    MCUSERNAME
    No :(
    and No :(

So' , i've modified guilauncher.bat by :
    Code (Text):
    1. @echo off
    2. echo You may close this window!
    3. "C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\java.exe" -Djava.library.path=./nativelibs -jar "C:\Users\Romain\Desktop\Serv' MC\mcservergui.jar"
    And two windows appears , one command prompt windows and the gui :)
    But if i launch the server by the button of the gui , it's say : "Unable to access jarfile craftbukkit.jar"
    I don't understand because , i have rename the bukkit jar for the good name and i have check by use the path selection in the options :/

23. Offline

dumptruckman

My BukkitDev Profile
    My Plugins (11)
    dev.bukkit.org profile:
    CFUSERNAME
    My Plugins (CFCOUNT)
    Minecraft account:
    MCUSERNAME
    And two windows appears , one command prompt windows and the gui :)
    But if i launch the server by the button of the gui , it's say : "Unable to access jarfile craftbukkit.jar"
    I don't understand because , i have rename the bukkit jar for the good name and i have check by use the path selection in the options :/[/quote]
    Well... we're getting somewhere... Now you should have a guiconfig.json file. Please put that on www.pastebin.com and post the link here.

24. Offline

iCore

dev.bukkit.org profile:
    CFUSERNAME
    My Plugins (CFCOUNT)
    Minecraft account:
    MCUSERNAME
    Well... we're getting somewhere... Now you should have a guiconfig.json file. Please put that on www.pastebin.com and post the link here.[/quote]

No i haven't that. :(

25. Offline

dumptruckman

My BukkitDev Profile
    My Plugins (11)
    dev.bukkit.org profile:
    CFUSERNAME
    My Plugins (CFCOUNT)
    Minecraft account:
    MCUSERNAME
    No i haven't that. :([/quote]
    Okay... if the GUI actually started up, it should have created a config file called guiconfig.json. It would be in the same folder as the gui. What is the message when it starts up? It should says "Config file loaded succesfully" (or something similar.) If it says that then it MUST have created the config file.

26. Offline

iCore

dev.bukkit.org profile:
    CFUSERNAME
    My Plugins (CFCOUNT)
    Minecraft account:
    MCUSERNAME
    SO

This time , i have try to launch the gui normally by opening directly the jar and the file was created ! :)
    I can't test the program now beacause i have a lot of users on the server but if you want , there is the guiconfig.json file :
    Code (Text):
    1. {
    2.   "Window Title" : "MC Server GUI",
    3.   "Input History Max Size" : 30,
    4.   "Display" : {
    5.     "Text Color" : "000000",
    6.     "Background Color" : "FFFFFF",
    7.     "[INFO] Color" : "339900",
    8.     "[WARNING] Color" : "CC6600",
    9.     "[SEVERE] Color" : "FF0000",
    10.     "Text Size" : 3
    11.   },
    12.   "CMD Line" : {
    13.     "Java Executable" : "java",
    14.     "Server Jar File" : "craftbukkit.jar",
    15.     "Bukkit" : true,
    16.     "Xmx Memory" : "1024M",
    17.     "Xincgc" : true,
    18.     "Extra Arguments" : "",
    19.     "Use Custom Launch" : false,
    20.     "Custom Launch Line" : "java -Djline.terminal=jline.UnsupportedTerminal -Xmx1024M -Xincgc -jar craftbukkit.jar nogui -d \"yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss\" "
    21.   },
    22.   "Backups" : {
    23.     "Path" : "C:\\Users\\Romain\\Desktop\\Serv' MC\\mcservergui-backups",
    24.     "Zip Backup" : true,
    25.     "Paths to Backup" : [ ]
    26.   },
    27.   "Schedule" : {
    28.     "Events" : {
    29.     }
    30.   }
    31. }
    Everything is good ?

27. Offline

dumptruckman

My BukkitDev Profile
    My Plugins (11)
    dev.bukkit.org profile:
    CFUSERNAME
    My Plugins (CFCOUNT)
    Minecraft account:
    MCUSERNAME
    Assuming your server jar is craftbukkit.jar and you only are using 1024M of memory, yes.

28. Offline

BigRenegade

dev.bukkit.org profile:
    CFUSERNAME
    My Plugins (CFCOUNT)
    Minecraft account:
    MCUSERNAME

Unless you have renamed your bukkit server file the line that reads Server Jar File should be craftbukkit-0.0.1-snapshot.jar not craftbukkit.jar. If you have not changed that to match the name of your server jar file then the server will not launch because it can not find the server file.

29. Offline

ledhead900

dev.bukkit.org profile:
    CFUSERNAME
    My Plugins (CFCOUNT)
    Minecraft account:
    MCUSERNAME
    Awaits 5.1 <xfingers> it has player list .

30. Offline

Multivan

dev.bukkit.org profile:
    CFUSERNAME
    My Plugins (CFCOUNT)
    Minecraft account:
    MCUSERNAME
    yes

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.