1.7.2 Player name change without skin change

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by CorperateRaider, Dec 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey Guys,
    I would like to change the player name completely without changing his skin. Is it possible in 1.7.2 and how?
    I tried the PacketPlayOutNamedEntitySpawn + the player to entityplayer, but this entityplayer has no name value like in 1.5 anymore ;(

Is there a way in 1.7.2 to do this? If not: is it possible to do this in 1.7.10? Or would I have to change to 1.6 or 1.5?

I know a bit about scoreboards, but it seems they can only be shown under the name...

EDIT: Tested:
    .setName - only changes the name in the chat
    .setCustomName - does nothing
    (.setListName - changes the name in the list)
    use TagAPI - changes skin, too
    send the PacketPlayOutNamedEntitySpawn - no name value in 1.7
    Scoreboards #Teams - only prefix and suffix
    Scoreboards #Undername - only under the name = doesn't effect the name

Last edited: Dec 1, 2015
  2. Offline

CoolDude53

3. @CoolDude53 I will try :)

@CoolDude53 so I tested it and it worked for pre- and suffixes, but can I change the name completely?
    (e.g. "XYZ" instead of "ABC")

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2015
  4. Offline

mcdorli

Player#setCustomName(String s); ?

5. Offline

Konato_K

@CorperateRaider For 1.7 you can do this by packets, as far as I know destroying the player entity and spawning it back to the client few ticks later should work.

Try using TagAPI anyway, it's better and easier.

6. Offline

teej107

Look at the JavaDocs for that method. It will tell you why that isn't an option.

boomboompower likes this.
  7. First I thought the TagAPI wouldn't work because it uses ProtocolLib (saw elements of it in the code(import of com.comphenix.protocol in the ProtocolLibHandler))
    So there is now a good and a bad thing:
    Good: the TagAPI works for 1.7.2 (doesn't need ProtocolLib) and changes the name
    Bad: It changes the skin, too

So my question stays the same.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.